PDA

View Full Version : cannot import .mp3 format file in AE 6.5

Maitreyee
02-18-2006, 03:48 PM
please suggest how do i import mp3 sound file in AE. It just crashes the moment I do so.
Also how do I fade out the wav file at the end of my clip. Thanks.

pworks
02-19-2006, 08:29 AM
afaik afx has his problems with mp3, so the better solution is to convert them to .wav, or .aif.
you can fade the audio out, by setting keyframes for the audio level (db).

nateomedia
02-19-2006, 06:26 PM
By the way, I don't think this issue is isolated to 6.5. I have AE7 and imported an mp3 the other day and, after spending a lot of time setting up time markers, and dropping in footage, could not get a RAM preview to save my life -- kept getting an error saying that it required 2 or more frames to make a preview. Set up the same footage in a new composition with the audio file converted to aif and it worked fine. (Tried replacing the audio in the old comp with the aif file but kept getting the error anyway... so long time markers. Hrm.)

akika
02-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Never ever use MP3 in AE6.5. I used MP3s in a recent project and the audio channel I exportet along with the video contained some really nasty distortions. But I did not notice it until I checked the audio with my headsets on. My advice is also: use WAV (convert your MP3 to WAV before integrating in AE if necessary).

scrimski
02-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Agreed. Not only in After Effects, but in every edit/comp software you should convert mp3 into wav or aif-files.

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 10:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.