PDA

View Full Version : Perspective in ZBrush

JonnyNewo
02-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I haven't been working with ZBrush long but there are alot of things I like about it. I love that it allows me to make models so much more quickly than I oculd in 3D Max or any other app. The only real problem I'm having is the absence of perspective when working on my models. For the most part I reproduce characters from photos or sketches I'm provided with at work and although I can now create much more detailed models with ZBrush it's somewhat more difficult to judge what the final product of my model's going to look like. I realize that ZBrush was designed this way for a reason and that it allows for a much higher poly count etc, but some things, like a character's neck are a real pain to get right here in Zbrush. A character's neck may look far too wide in ZBrush but after exporting to another 3D app the neck is barely visable from a perspective view. Does anybody have any suggestions from their own experiences that makes it easier to judge such proportions?

azazel
02-18-2006, 05:33 PM
There is some kind of perspective deformation in zbrush, but it's not dynamic... But. Most 3d softwares have quite wide-angle default views, which isn't exactly flattering for faces - at least, it's not really like human eye field of view. Longer lens (50 or so) usually is more natural.

acmepixel
02-18-2006, 10:36 PM
The PC version will get this option in version 2.5. The Mac version has it now. :D

Perspective toggle Keyboard shortcut -U-

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 10:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.