PDA

View Full Version : AE 3d layers

tb582
02-18-2006, 03:27 AM
I have a object that I have modeled in Maya 7, I used a psd that is a collage of pictures and used that as a texture so that the pictures would be covering the object... I have also animated the camera around the object so that you can see the pictures in the full round...

I wanted to utilize AE's 3d layers to make it as if some of the objects in the pictures are not as flat ie the foreground and the background separated from each other, is there a way to get this effect but still have the images textured on my object?

Mylenium
02-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I have a object that I have modeled in Maya 7, I used a psd that is a collage of pictures and used that as a texture so that the pictures would be covering the object... I have also animated the camera around the object so that you can see the pictures in the full round...

I wanted to utilize AE's 3d layers to make it as if some of the objects in the pictures are not as flat ie the foreground and the background separated from each other, is there a way to get this effect but still have the images textured on my object?

You structure your 3D object accordingly and map textures on separate planes... I think you're looking for an easy solution where there is none and you are looking at the wrong end of your workflow.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 08:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.