PDA

View Full Version : Fx Wars! The Ocean: Willie Rojas

DESPISTADO
02-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Hi to everyone im new here, this is amazing a lot of great entries, Ill give it a try on this, i dont expect to win but it will be a very learning experience, i wish luck to all, ill do "THE SHIP" simulation so heres a soon test http://www.holoillusion.com/fxwar/test.avi, theres is some spike in the water but i fix it now, ill start to modelling the ship now so ill see you later, c&c are very welcome.

softwares:

3ds max 7.5
realflow
after effect

Best regards

RedSquirrel
02-18-2006, 02:16 AM
This is really excellent :D , the rain on the ocean is top notch... lol, I get that feeling when looking at your piece that I'm in the middle of a storm, my boats just sunk and I'm just about to go under a wave. Its good, keep it up :thumbsup: .

jussing
02-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Yes, that's really good!

The fog, the colors, the surface are all good, but like Squirrel I particularly like the rain on the ocean... The drops look pearly and sparkling as in real life, which I think is very difficult to achieve in CG.

Cheers,
- Jonas

MPS
02-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Thats fantastic rain! For some reason, your scene reminds me of the boat scene from the Truman Show, which is one of my fave films. A great start IMO. If I was going to enter the challenge (not sure if I will have the time or the talent compared to the current entrants!!) I would go for the cinematographic style of the truman show scene. I'm really curious as to where everyone is researching all their ideas. There are so many different styles. Its really cool. The best challenge yet IMO.

I can't wait to watch all of the challenge threads develop. Everyone of the WIP's so far look excellent.

DESPISTADO
02-20-2006, 01:26 AM
hi guys sorry for the late response, thank you redsquirrel for check my entry, i feel like im sunk some time too :)

jussing thank you for your comment, i really appreciate that, about the fx it was made by accident lol making some material displacement test suddenly appeared and it look nice when i composite it with after effect :D I hope to be able to create the same fx again for final animation
:D

MPS_ hi thank you im very glad for your response i didnt expect so many good replies, truman show i never have seen truman show :(

in the next hours the link to the test wont work because ill do some changes in the nameserver so here is a mirror link http://holoillusion.noads.biz/test.avi and here the start modelling of the boat http://holoillusion.noads.biz/asian_boat.jpg

thank you again for all replies and sorry for my bad english

best regards

Breton
02-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi Despistado!

The image is great!! nice effect of the rain, very cool! keep on the work!

Mucha suerte amigo! :D

DESPISTADO
02-20-2006, 09:39 PM
hi breton my friend thank you for your words, ill need all luck in the world to win, there is amazing entries, heres a little update of the boat

DESPISTADO
02-21-2006, 05:54 PM
a minor update

rquinn
02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
nice what kind of ship is that from what era and who?!

DESPISTADO
02-22-2006, 05:13 AM
nice what kind of ship is that from what era and who?!

Hi thank you for your reply, is an asian ship, not sure what era but in these days they are still using them, some photos in google show me people from china and vietnam use them but the style change a bit in both countries

rquinn
02-22-2006, 02:00 PM
I like originality!
Wonder how it will get beaten up by your sea!

DESPISTADO
02-22-2006, 06:36 PM
thank you -R.Quinn im very glad that you like it, im pretty happy with the modelling so i can say the modelling stuff is finish, ill start the simulation tonight, i was thinking in adding a hurricane but not so sure if i can do it but ill try it

best regards

jussing
02-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Like I said, you're setting the standards with this ship. ;)

Lovely work, mate.

- Jonas

rquinn
02-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Excellent attention to detail this will be a beauty once textured!

DESPISTADO
03-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Hi guys, thank you very much for all your words, i have a lot of work in theses days and i think i wont finish this one, unfortunately my realflow play me dirty and for some reason cant import the dynamics to my max in the right way, in max the boat is scale down in everyframe or maybe is my max that cant import in the right way realflow file, not sure and the only way to fix is by hand is not a big deal but is a lot of work, so not sure if i could make it but i will try, btw someone have this same issue or is just me?

best wishes to all

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2006, 11:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.