PDA

View Full Version : half a head

Warden
03-03-2002, 11:03 AM
I was bored tonight and started a self portrait. After an hour or so I realized that the eye and mouth seemed off, but the ear and nose are pretty much there.
This is probably as far as I'll go with it. I've got 3D characters begging for attention.

Warden
03-03-2002, 11:08 AM
http://www.community3d.com/galleries/images/gallery-655.jpg

Sandman
03-05-2002, 09:09 PM
Hey too you ..
that looks pretty good
what are you using ..i mean is it photoshop or painter or ..

but as well for you 3D models .damm cool keep it up :)

Warden
03-06-2002, 12:16 AM
it's photohop 6 with a wacom
I'm trying to bridge the gap between my photoshop knowledge and my LW modeling to produce some nice textures, but I'm have a time with LW uv mapping

Raul-Reznek
03-06-2002, 02:20 AM
Heya W.!

Looks impressive, u're bot good at 3d and 2d?/U're tallented no kiddin'
I really love ur 3d, where can I see more?

So how is that Wacom tablet? I'm saving money for that.

Warden
03-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Thanks Raul, I'm trying.
I don't have a real website set up yet but I try to post more stuff in the gallery soon.

As for the wacom, it's totally necessary for painting although I don't use it all the time, mainly for making strokes. And suprisingly a great use in adobe illustrator too, though I don't think many people here will care. You can do some really cool line art and spot color illustrations with a pressure sensitive brush, and the strokes are totally editable. Just select them and redo your stroke and it will conform to the new movement. Sometimes I will doodle in AI just for the clean "inked" look.

Joel Hooks
03-07-2002, 11:19 PM
Great rendition.

I like wacom for 3d too... It is awesome with Painter (7) and photoshop. I originally bought the 18x12 (i think that's the size) - lol.... 9x12 is much better. I didn't have to get a new desk.

Raul-Reznek
03-08-2002, 12:36 AM
o.k. QUESTION

DOES it help with making textures for 3d models???
cause that's why I'm really saving money for it.

I'd really appreciate u answering this q.

Warden
03-08-2002, 12:56 AM
yes, it helps create more natural looking maps for characters especially
but if you are doing only 3d work you could get away with buying the small one
for 2d you need a 6x8 or bigger IMO

Raul-Reznek
03-08-2002, 01:08 AM
thx a lot W.

that's the 200 $ one RIGHT??
I'm buying the least expencive one or the one with a middle price case this time I'm standing on my own 2 feet, in other words, PARENTS WON'T help. They did enough for me already.
(just for u to know) I'm not a freeloader and the kinda guy that profits of his parents,I'm only 16 and a 'rookie' compared to u guys.

Warden
03-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Raul,
Yeah that's the one, there is also a $99 dollar graphire tablet, but I haven't done any research on those.

http://www.wacom.com/graphire/index.cfm

You may be a rookie but you have a tremendous head start talking with the guys on this board and using the software you're using. When I was 16 all I did was nap.

Here is a cowboy wip I'm messing with. I just started adding values to the hat. (PS 6 again)

Raul-Reznek
03-08-2002, 04:27 PM
MAN, ya fast, no kiddin'

You're DAMN fast and good too.

That's REALLY cool, i can imagine what kinda textures you can make with that. BTW speakin of textures made with it, can u post one here??

Thx W.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.