PDA

View Full Version : Silly Mask Question

JohnnyRandom
02-17-2006, 08:38 PM
I must have hit a key inadvertantly.:sad:

I am animating a mask and when I go to grab a straight section (in between two verts) both of the vertice convert to bezier and the section bows.

Usually I can just grab the striaght section and it remains intact and both verts move...

What key or sequence of keys did I hit? That is the million dollar question:D

What is up anyone know? it driving me nuts...:banghead::argh:

suztv
02-17-2006, 09:23 PM
If you are trying to move the entire mask, make sure to grab all of the vertices and then use your arrow keys or the position key to move it.

If you are trying to move the entire layer/item, lock your mask before doing so.

Like you I have the same problem - this is the only work-around that I have come up with.

Mylenium
02-17-2006, 09:30 PM
I must have hit a key inadvertantly.:sad:

I am animating a mask and when I go to grab a straight section (in between two verts) both of the vertice convert to bezier and the section bows.

Usually I can just grab the striaght section and it remains intact and both verts move...

What key or sequence of keys did I hit? That is the million dollar question:D

What is up anyone know? it driving me nuts...:banghead::argh:

I'm not entirely sure, but what you describe points to the points not really being linear but Beziers with zeroed tangents. This usually happens if your mouse movement is a bit "jittery" and AE will create Bčziers instead of strictly linear points. Have you tried to veryfy that by using the point type/ corner conversion tool? If you create proper linear masks, you should be able to select segments and move them without trouble.

Mylenium

JohnnyRandom
02-17-2006, 10:13 PM
@suztv-- nah, just a straight edge on the mask

points not really being linear but Beziers with zeroed tangents.

That was it... the vert I have been moving the most was a bezier, i could only see the handles when I zoomed in all the way... argh I'm such a dimmy...

Many thanks:)

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 10:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.