The new video is Dynamics: Animation Path for Wind Effectors
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/LW9/Animation_Path.mov

funfun
02-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks kurtis, just 1 video today?

Dennik
02-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks kurtis, just 1 video today?

One video a day is good. Keep them coming! (downloading now)

pixelranger
02-17-2006, 09:51 PM
dang, thats smooth!! I'll definately cough up some cash for this upgrade! Well done, Newtek!! Can't wait to see what's next!

What stroke me, is that this path animation tool would be incredibly functional in a hair setup context. I really like the way this upgrade is unfolding!

adrencg
02-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the vids. How about some juicy stuff....

Orthographic camera.....YAAAAAAAAWN :-)

Mike

Phyrea
02-18-2006, 02:04 AM
Hey now, I've been waiting for orthographic cameras in LightWave for 9 and a half years. That vid is one of my favs. :D

Ivan D Young
02-18-2006, 09:01 AM
This feature is really cool! I can't believe they waited this long to say anything about it. You know that there has to be a few more of these features that Newtek has'nt talked about yet. Man the wait for the LW 9 release is going to be really hard knowing about animation path tool.

Kurtis
02-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey now, I've been waiting for orthographic cameras in LightWave for 9 and a half years. That vid is one of my favs. :D

I have to agree with this one. A few years ago, I worked for a start-up game company doing a Diablo-style game and that one feature alone would have made them pick LightWave as their primary 3D application. Not to mention that it's a better option than screen-capturing Modeler viewports to show plan views if you're specifically trying to show off a model.

Dennik
02-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the vids. How about some juicy stuff....

Mike

Yeah, like accurate hard body and soft body dynamics. :)

LightwaveGuy
02-18-2006, 03:38 PM
I love this feature, looking very good :thumbsup:

adrencg
02-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah, like accurate hard body and soft body dynamics. :)

You know, overall the dynamics are not that great...BUT, if you play with stuff enough, you'll find it does actually work. I've been getting some awesome results with hair animation using ClothFX, but I've had to experiment for a LONG time to find the right ways to go about it.

I'd say making the dynamics less tempermental with its settings be an improvement. Shouldn't have to fiddle around for hours just to get results. I can't really speak for Hardbodies, but ClothFX is accurate --- when you accidently dial in the right numbers.

Mike

WillCameron
02-18-2006, 08:59 PM
somebody obviously needs to code the most ultimate lightwave plugin ever:

accidentally_dial_in_the_correct_settings.p

it could be bigger than EagleInABarrel!

- Will.

erikals
02-19-2006, 01:51 PM
One word Love it! :love: (oops, that was two) :)

HowardM
02-20-2006, 11:08 AM
very cool, been waiting for this for a while!
opens up alot of cool tricks :D

habaņero
02-20-2006, 03:22 PM
"opens up alot of cool tricks"

... Too many ... Newtek, please stop adding any new tools that are more complicated than the box tool.

respects,

Oren-naysayer

:p

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.