PDA

View Full Version : Import SVG format

FonteBoa
02-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Is there a plugin to import vetorial SVG files into After Effects?
I am working here with 5.5 version, that is not able to import that kind of file...
thanks

beenyweenies
02-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Is there a plugin to import vetorial SVG files into After Effects?
I am working here with 5.5 version, that is not able to import that kind of file...
thanks

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I wouldn't recommend using SVG graphics for anything at this point in time (others may disagree). Not only that, but you are using a painfully old version of After Effects, as I'm sure you're aware. 5.5 is like using Photoshop before it had Layers functionality. You are missing out on a LOT of very important features!

Mylenium
02-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Yepp, just like beeny said - don't use SVG. AE 5.5 only supports limited SVG output, it can't really work with SVG and if you snatched some files from somewhere, they may be protected and thus unusable anyway. Try to use Illustrator files (up to v10), PDFs (up to v6) or Adobe EPS - anything that AE 5.5 actually can read.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 08:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.