PDA

View Full Version : Combustion viedo format problem...

yoshi99
02-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi, I'm working working with Combustion4 and I'm trying to render out animation, but every
video format I use gives me problems... It's either too slow (frame by frame) or has weird
"noise" in the animation.

The screen shots down below has text going by with a motion blur operator attached and rendered out as a Quicktime file. The problem is that I'm receiveing "noise" around the text that's animated, is there a way to avoid these problems...?

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-17-2006, 07:48 PM
We would need more info to help you. What version of C4? What format is the footage being used in C4? What operators are you using? Are you using 3rd party operators? My video is noisy isn't enough info.

-Eric

yoshi99
02-18-2006, 04:59 AM
The text was animated in Maya and rendered out as HD 1080 x 720 TARGA files.

Than I imported the files into Combustion4.0.0

The only operator I applied to the animation was "motion blur" samples were about 10.

I than rendered the composite trying different formats

QuickTime - DV PAL* / NTSC

QuickTime streaming

AVI

The screen-shots was a Quicktime format.... I'm not too familiar with the formats
so hopefully someone can steer me to the right direction:)

neogeo51
02-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Don't use the DV codec of quicktime on a windows maschine. I don't really know why the quicktime dv codec produces that noise, but experienced the same behaviour.

Try to render out a quicktime file with the animation codec or png or tga compression.
If you want to render out an avi file, render it uncompressed or use a 3rdparty dv codec for dv production.

If the problem still persists, try rendering an image sequence out of C4.
Hope that helps.

yoshi99
02-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks- I'll try that.

subba
02-24-2006, 06:50 AM
These may be the problem in fiels order while rendering ...........

so here is the list for field render whice may help u

Reference List: FIELD ORDER of Video Signals........

D-1 PAL -Discreet edit* PAL
Frame size: 720 x 576
Frame aspect ratio: 4:3
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.067
Frame rate: 25 fps
Field order: upper field first

PAL Video Frame size: 768 x 576
Pixel aspect ratio: 1
Field order: lower field first

PAL-DV Frame size: 720 x 576
Frame aspect ratio: 5:4
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.067

NTSC-DV Frame size: 720 x 480
Frame aspect ratio: 3:2
Pixel aspect ratio: 0.9
Frame rate: 29.97 fps
Field order: lower first

NTSC D-1 - Discreet edit* NTSC
Frame size: 720 x 486
Pixel aspect ratio: 0.9
Field order: lower field first

NTSC Frame size: 640 x 480
Field order: upper first

NTSC Full Frame size: 648 x 486
Field order: upper first

HDTV 720/30p Frame size: 1280 x 720
Frame aspect ratio: 16:9
Frame rate: 30 fps

HDTV 1080/24p Frame size: 1920 x 1080
Frame aspect ratio: 16:9
Frame rate: 30 fps

sconlogue
02-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I would suggest always going with Image sequences. In my experience jpeg, tga, and png files always cache faster then video files. At least this seems true in OpenGL mode with a good graphics card and a fast hard drive.

This is great to when you just need to replace say 100 frames in a 1000 frame sequence. Just overwrite the existing ones. With video files you would have to render out the whole thing again.

Then when your comosites done worry about what video file format to use. That's my 2 cents.

Quantium
02-28-2006, 12:45 AM
I agree with Scon. Especially when doing larger shots or lots of shots, it's always a better idea to use image sequences, not only for compositing, but for editing also. When rendering out from C4, I usually keep in image sequence also. This way, the only compression you get is during the "final" output, usually out of Premiere for me. Keeping images also let's you re-composite the shots hundreds of times if needed without loosing any image quality, if you need to add things or remove things. I would recommend .tga or .tiff formats, and I've also started experimenting with the OpenEXR format, just to see what I can do with it.

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 12:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.