PDA

View Full Version : scaling quality problems

andrewjohn81
02-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I have a large image that I'm working with as well as some vector graphics. BOTH should be able to zoom into by scaling them.

Most of them work fine, but I have to fade two images in at a time, but the way that transparency works it doesn't seem to work right. So I precomposed it right?

The problem is, if I precompose at 720x480 then that is actually the image that it is scaling. I lost ALL of the extra quality that I am working with.

What's the proper way of doing that? This is bugging us ALOT for other projects as well. We have the same problem if I just decide to change my mind and render this at HD quality. You would think that any objects that had extra information in a composition would keep as much quality as possible.
Nope, any composition you scale, you scale the pixels of THAT compositions size. That really defeats the whole purpose of being able to use vector graphics.

How can I have it look to the original footage in the final composition?

andrewjohn81
02-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Please delete this thread.

I spoke too soon.

I didn't know about the collapse transformations button.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 04:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.