PDA

View Full Version : help please

marc
12-11-2002, 05:52 PM
say i wanted to make a dog walk around the screen to a part where the user clicks how would i do this in flash? and ideas on how to make the dog sit down once its reached its destination? thats it and of course some help with the walk cycle would help too. could it be random whether he sits down or stands up and begs? I could draw this in flash. its more the action script and how to do the walk cycle i'd need help with.

thanx.

dark_lotus
12-11-2002, 09:03 PM
This is not really a help forum, hence being under 'Critiques'.

If you want to ask for help, go to the rescources section and look for other flash specific websites that offer forums to help you.

Mainly www.flashkit.com

and your questions need to be alot more specific, and it appears that you need to learn basic flash before attempting something as complicated as what you intend.

Flash itself also comes with many great tutorials, to get you into that.

You need to learn to crawl before you can walk.

marc
12-12-2002, 11:23 AM
dude i know flash, i know SOME action script. please read above again as u obviously haven't read it properly. Nevermind i'll do it myself. post it and u can give it some critiques. Please delete this sub forum from the site it is pointless and annoying and insulting when u get reffered to another site.

E.Z. Schwartz
12-12-2002, 06:39 PM
When you click get the X and Y coordinates of the mouse, then get the X and Y of the dog, then find the distance, then using the Pythagoream (i spelled that wrong) doozy you can find how fast you want him to move, the hypotonuse, and then figure out the angles and figure out the x and y that you want to move the dog each frame. That's highschool math so you should be able to figure it out. Then when the dogs position is the same as the end position, make him stop. That's kind of an ambitious thing to do if you don't have a lot of experience with the scripting. I guess look in flashkit like Dark_Lotus said. I'm sure that will help. Good luck!

Ezra

marc
12-13-2002, 03:55 PM
thanx

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.