PDA

View Full Version : Select more then one vertex or a face?

chelle_12
02-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Hi, some newbie questions,

1. Is it possible in Zbrush to select and move more then one vertex (Shift)?
2. Is there a way to select/move a face?
3. How come I can use an Alpha-image as mask by Ctrl Drag, and it places itself on the object, but when I want to Draw figurative Alfa stuff on an object it returns to a standard rounded brush.

eblondin
02-17-2006, 08:02 PM
1. The amount of vertices you select depends on the draw size of your brush and how big your model is on screen. if you scale down your model and up your draw size you can move very large portions (a lot of vertices) at once.

2. You can move faces/move a lot of verts at once with how i just said. the way you would go about isolating one face in order to create edge loop for creating more geometry would just be by hiding the other faces.

3. Do you mean when you ctrl+ left mouse draw on your model it is just a black mask and not your selected alpha? You are basically just painting black on your model at that point. You can get more control over the positioning of your alpha if you convert it to a stencil and then position it with the stencil options.

I would suggest some FAQ reading over at zbrushcentral

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/faq.php?

chelle_12
02-19-2006, 10:07 AM
mmhh I see, thx for your reply, and I'm gonna surely check the FAQ's.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 10:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.