PDA

View Full Version : All Posted Questions Should Get Answers!

Doug Macary
02-17-2006, 09:40 AM
I think the title says it all!

I recently posted a question about using weightspot. I received 30 views and no responses.
I don't mean to sound bitter or petty, but if PMG checks in on this list, then I think that it is THEIR responsibility to post at least ONE response to a question about using their software.
To let a sincere question from a frustrated user go unanswered is to reinforce the perception that the user base is being ignored.

Sorry for the frustrated post

Thanks

Doug Macary

PS

Will anyone respond?

DMack
02-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Oh man! I click on your post....then see that you're actually looking at it...so you've seen me....so I have to respond.....

I don't think it's PMG's responsibility to answer all the questions on this forum. It would be helpful but it's not their 'responsibility'. Standard procedure would be to direct a support question direct to the company - if then they never respond, sure have a grumble. The purpose in my mind of these forums is for USERS to help eachother and share experiences - and that being a completely voluntary system can't really be critisised too heavily. Just my opinion. I know what it's like - it is frustrating when you have a problem and no-one answers....C'est la vie. :)

David

Wegg
02-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Doug not to sound too rude but. . . I personally get a little frustrated at the number of questions asked in here. This is a discussion forum. . . not a Q&A. Sometimes if its easy for me to whip out a quick answer I don't mind. . . but when its fairly involved. . . its hard for me to plug up the motivation to provide the answer that will properly answer the question.

I think you would get a FAR greater response to your needs if you were to post images or animations of what your working on and what your goals are.

Doug Macary
02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
I did not mean to sound rude. I'm just a bit frustrated is all.
Thanks for the replies

Sincerely

Doug Macary

DMack
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I think you would get a FAR greater response to your needs if you were to post images or animations of what your working on and what your goals are.

Speaking of which, I emailed pmg about a couple of animations I did using animate and haven't heard anything back....maybe they didn't like them? ;) I take it Paula's email adedress is still valid?

Doug Macary
02-18-2006, 03:47 AM
Wegg,

I thought (mistakenly, appararently) that this is a discussion group about Messiah. If the software had some decent documentation, then people could spend time creating artwork not searcihng for answers here.
I've been reading these posts for quite a while. This week there's been an interesting and totally Messiah oriented discussion about Noah's Ark and the Titanic. One posted by none other than Fred himself! Of course he didn't find the time to address my question. Apparently there is little concern about the customer's questions and needs.
To me that is the death knell of a business.

Hey Thomas! I know where you're coming from.

Sorry for the rant

Take care all

Doug

stooch
02-18-2006, 06:04 AM
hmmmmm....

that is a very interesting way to get help. oddly, you are the only one to try this approach...i wonder why?

AlexK
02-18-2006, 07:49 AM
hmmmmm....

that is a very interesting way to get help. oddly, you are the only one to try this approach...i wonder why?
Erm.. sorry to say that stooch, but I remember at least one user that was using insults and angry posting in his first posts, even after he got replies trying to help him. :twisted:

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 07:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.