PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Rate by speed pflow help

Gravey
02-17-2006, 05:45 AM
hi all. i am a current cg student and we havnt learnt scripting yet but i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a script for particle flow.

basically what i have is a character with particles all over him that spawn other particles at 2 different rates based on how fast they are moving at any given moment and a sort of in-between rate for a few frames to "soften" the change from fast to slow. the attached image shows my flow in its current form.

the ratio of speed to spawn rate is simple. particle speed (in cemtimetres) / 2 = spawn rate. also the min / max values of the spawn rate are 10 & 100 respectively so i figured you'd hav somethin like:
"if spawn rate is less that 10 then rate = 10"
and for the max value
"if spawn rate is greater than 100 then rate = 100"

as i hav said we havnt covered scripting yet in my course but the idea seems fairly straight forward. any feedback anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated

JHaywood
02-17-2006, 06:14 PM
I can't answer you're question, but you might get more help here: http://www.orbaz.com/forum

This is the official forum for pFlow, and Oleg, the man that created it to begin with, answers many questions there, among other helpful pFlowers. :)

Gravey
02-17-2006, 11:30 PM
thanks i'll check it out

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 11:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.