PDA

View Full Version : A2A - Maya To Lightwave PLUGIN!

Julez4001
02-16-2006, 09:59 PM
http://www.zdavu.com/dev/a2a/
CHECK THE VIDEOS

Lightwave to Maya (and err back again).

-------------------------------

Intro

A2A is a powerful tool which enables to share/transfer data between Lightwave 3D and Maya easily and quickly. All data transfer is done via TCP/IP, therefore it's fast and means no file swapping. New versions starting from v1.0.7, which is totally rewritten and rebuilt from the old versions. Built on robust and quick core, A2A has a modular architecture which enables to add new features and support new applications (for example XSI,3DSMAX,MESSIAH and practically any application with SDK) easily. Currently, we are beginning work on A2A support for XSI and MESSIAH.

A2A

Scene

Import scene from Layout

Baked animation - imports whole scene from Layout with baked (per-frame) animation
Keyframed animation - imports whole scene from Layout with keyframed animation
Static - imports whole scene from Layout without any animation (static objects only)

Import selection from Layout

Baked animation - imports selected objects from Layout with baked (per-frame) animation
Keyframed animation - imports selected objects from Layout with keyframed animation
Static - imports selected objects from Layout without any animation (static objects only)

Export selection to Layout

Baked animation - exports selected objects Maya to Layout with baked (per-frame) animation
Static - exports selected objects from Maya to Layout without any animation (static objects only)

Object

Import LWO - imports LWO2 object into Maya
Export LWO - exports LWO2 object from selected mesh

Particles

Export PFX to LW's content dir - exports selected particle system(s) directly to /a2a_pfx directory
Export PFX to custom dir - exports selected particle system(s) directly to directory defined in a2a.ini
Export PFX to file... - exports selected particle system(s) to user-selected file

Motion

Export MDD - exports MDD file from selected mesh motion
Export to Layout - exports motion directly to Layout

Dev. aspect lock ON - required for some resolutios (D1,D2,...) to make the camera match
Info - shows information about plugin

Julez4001
02-16-2006, 10:34 PM
http://astrofra.com/weblog/

You can follow this gentlemen's backlog blog adventures in this foreray.

jeremyhardin
02-17-2006, 01:06 AM
have you tried this yet? i don't have maya in front of me.

mattc
02-17-2006, 06:15 AM
have you tried this yet? i don't have maya in front of me.

A2A has been around a while. I've been having fun with it for some time.

Seems to work quite well for the most part.

M.

HowardM
02-17-2006, 08:59 AM
ahh nice, i was wondering where this went...thought it got bought up or something...

GaryDXD
02-17-2006, 01:21 PM
How do you purchase it? There's nowhere on the site that I can see? They talk about a demo, but I don't see a link.

Cageman
02-19-2006, 02:54 AM
This is damn cool stuff! :)

HowardM
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
so can you export Particle life, size, etc from Maya to LW, so you can use gradients in LW?

mattc
02-20-2006, 04:46 AM
so can you export Particle life, size, etc from Maya to LW, so you can use gradients in LW?

EDIT: I take that back, yes, it does do that. Though I haven't tried it myself as of yet. Maybe sometime next week when I have a minute.

What it's really good for is Hard and Soft body dynamics. i.e. Maya acting as motion plugin for LW.

HowardM
02-20-2006, 10:10 AM
cool! otherwise transfering particles to lw would be pretty useless without control of them over time, age, etc...

GaryDXD
02-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey Mattc,

How do you get even a demo? I registered last week and still haven't heard anything.

I'd like to get this. How long did it take for you to get it?

Thanks

Freak!!
02-20-2006, 07:47 PM
So what does this do diffferently?

Lernie, wrote a bunch of free Lscripts and Maya scripts that do this already.....
And it's free.... And if you would like to pay for a plugin, Point Oven does way more than just Maya....

So how much, and why?
As i can't even get a version without registering, i'll take Lernies scripts for free... :)

GaryDXD
02-20-2006, 09:37 PM
The biggest thing is that it does it on the fly.........It sends it straight into the program without file saving etc.

mattc
02-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey Mattc,

How do you get even a demo? I registered last week and still haven't heard anything.

I'd like to get this. How long did it take for you to get it?

Thanks

It took me a couple of hours to get a new build. The author is a bit ill at the moment, so don't be too surprised if it takes ages.

m.

mattc
02-20-2006, 10:02 PM
So how much, and why?
As i can't even get a version without registering, i'll take Lernies scripts for free... :)

If you're convinced of that, use those then.

m.

Tama
02-20-2006, 10:38 PM
The Beaver Project is also a good option.

Freak!!
02-21-2006, 09:18 AM
The biggest thing is that it does it on the fly.........It sends it straight into the program without file saving etc.

Oooohhhh that does sound fun.....

Thankyou.....

GaryDXD
03-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Ok, I've tried this guy for over a week with no reply. What's going on, does he want to sell this thing? Has anyone gotten a response from him? I really want this tool!

mattc
03-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Ok, I've tried this guy for over a week with no reply. What's going on, does he want to sell this thing? Has anyone gotten a response from him? I really want this tool!

I spoke to him a day or so ago. He was nice enough to make me a new build. He's got something else on his plate at the moment. I suggest you be a little patient.

m.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 08:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.