PDA

View Full Version : help plz! can scripts work with render settings?

georgedrakakis
02-16-2006, 10:19 PM
hey to all c4d scripters!!
first of all, i must confess that although i've downloaded SdK help i didn't got time to do my "homework", and go through all the available commands.
i am so new to the scripting proccess, and i would like to know:
a) if i can render a scene twice in a row with two different settings, using script(s) controlling different Gi settings, save solution options, resolution, save image options.
or
b) if i can switch two already configured render settings, and render the scene twice in a row.
or
c) with one of the above "scenarios", if i can render all the camera views, and save the image files according to the camera object name.

that would be a great help for me,
please let me know if anyone is interested to co-work with me, i promise to do my homework!!
thanx in advance!!!

Per-Anders
02-16-2006, 10:37 PM
well, according to the COFFEE documentation you can get the active renderdata using BaseDocument::GetFirstRenderData() then Set using BaseDocument::SetActiveRenderData(renderdata)

the render data itself is stored as a basecontainer that you get/set as you woudl with any other basecontainer in cinema.

you should in theory be able to set the flag for the active camera through GetRenderBaseDraw() see the entry for that in the COFFEE docs

and finally rendering can be done a number of ways, either by using CallCommand to call therender button, or using messages (i'm not sure if there's a straight renderdocument command within coffee itself, so you have to do things those ways).

of course if your'e not talking scripting, but talking C++, then yes of course you can do all of that, and probably slightly easier and with much more control.

georgedrakakis
02-16-2006, 11:08 PM
wow, this is what i call a quick response!
tnx a lot, mdme_sadie!
i'll keep in mind your suggestions, and give it a try!
i'm so happy cause now i've got something to start with!
i hope i can get it done and finally post a tut about radical redusing render times especially using Gi settings.
tnx again!

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.