PDA

View Full Version : Using Weightspot

Doug Macary
02-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey All,

I'm trying to fade out a grid texture as it goes into the distant ground plain, but its not working. I used weightspot value into the grid opacity. For the weightspot popup I crated a metaeffector placed where the textture should be full strength, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

PS

I'd love to see a simple little scene.

Doug Macary

svintaj
02-17-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't know I have never use them, but maybe the: "TextureMap_CurveWeight_Sample.mpj" file can give you some clues???
I don't know?

/ Svante

rush123
02-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey Doug,

Can you post an example of what you've done (shader flow, file, etc), and the results your getting?

Thanks

R

Doug Macary
02-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Rush,

Thanks for responding!

Here is a render. I want the ground lines to be visible under the Earth an dradually fade out in a circular area.

Here also is the shader flow, with the Weightspot tied to a metaeffector.

Thanks

Doug

rush123
02-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Doug,

I’m not sure if this is what you want, I’ve attached two files, one extreme, the other less so. If it is correct I’ll send the file over to you.

R

Doug Macary
02-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey Rush,

Thanks man! What I'm trying to do is what I used to do in Lightwave. I'd have a texture falloff depending upon its distance to a null for example. What I'm trying to get is a way for the pattern to disappear to prevent that annoying pattern in the distance.

Thanks again

Doug

stooch
02-18-2006, 06:06 AM
did you try making an alpha map? just 5 seconds in photoshop and you should be all set.

rush123
02-18-2006, 12:36 PM
OK Doug,

My suggestion would be to use the RayDistance node and check out the 'RayDistance_Sample_CrazyFog.mpj' example scene, in the example scenes folder. Attached is a quick example, hope its what your after.

R

MoodyB
02-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey Rush,

Thanks man! What I'm trying to do is what I used to do in Lightwave. I'd have a texture falloff depending upon its distance to a null for example. What I'm trying to get is a way for the pattern to disappear to prevent that annoying pattern in the distance.

Doug

I've attached a scene with it working.

Doug Macary
02-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks Rush, Alan, Stooch!

Off to Messiah!

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 01:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.