PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush 2.5

cyartist
02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Been away for a while any news on the release of 2.5.

eblondin
02-16-2006, 06:01 PM
If there was you would probably know it :)

It is still TBA

www.zbrushcentral.com (http://www.zbrushcentral.com) will let ya know the seccond its out.

cyartist
02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
They said it was gonna be released in December it is almost March. Thought someone on this forum would know something new. As soon you know something Eric let me know.
I do not check this forum that often.

eblondin
02-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey no prob, and yeah I share the same anticipation because I was expecting it December 20th or w/e just like everyone else. I think it will be here very soon. But we shall see.

Although like I said when it is released I donít think you will be able to browse more than one cg page before you find out about it.

In a way I am happy that it got delayed because I was able to pick up a copy of 2.0 just a few weeks ago and I am sure when 2.5 comes up they will up the price. Hurray for free upgrades for life! Go pixologic

Roger Eberhart
02-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Hurray for free upgrades for life! Go pixologic

2.5 is a free upgrade. I don't think Pixologic has ever stated free upgrades for life.

eblondin
02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah I think your right, I heard it somewhere but I can't find any documentation on it.
Here is a qoute from aurick that helps the idea that it might be free for life....

I remember when ZBrush cost $262.50 (a long time ago now). People who purchased for that price are still getting 2.5 for free. Prices have sometimes gone up when a new version came out, and sometimes not. Just because the upgrade is going to be free to all existing customers does not mean that the price of 2.5 will not be higher when it's released.

That having been said, there have been NO announcements yet regarding what will happen to the price when 2.5 is released. It may stay the same, or it may not. Exact details will be shared once a final decision has been made.

So maybe I am wrong, and there is a good chance that I am on this :)

zbrush has been a free upgrade since it cost $262.50 USD, it costs almost $500 now. They have close to doubled the price, it seems like if they wanted to charge users for an upgrade they would have done so already.

but I shall retract my previous statement of free upgrades for life until I can find documentation that says otherwise. It seems that if they allow you to upgrade from any version to 2.5 for free than why not free upgrades for life?

Perhaps one day it wonít be free anymore, no one can state what they will do in the future, I am just going off of how they have been running it thus far.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.