PDA

View Full Version : keyframe not working in render vue

kassad
02-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Hello everybody,

I've created a simple plugin that move points of an object with a slider.

I can record the slider position in keyframes and when I press play in preview window all seems to be OK: the points and the sliders are moving according keyframes.

I see the keyframes in my timeline.

But when I create an animation in the render window (external view), the points don't move.

I thing I miss a refresh function or things like that.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

B->

tcastudios
02-16-2006, 03:19 PM
If it is a COFFEE expression plugin this (http://www.plugincafe.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=4&TopicID=2064&SearchPagePosition=1&search=Lennart&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=4&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search) might help.

Cheers
Lennart

kassad
02-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Sorry, no it's not a COFFEE expression,

It's a plugin written in C++ with the SDK.

But I'll have a look.

B->

Per-Anders
02-16-2006, 09:41 PM
its' nearly impossible to tell without knowing more information, for isntance what sort of plugin is it? (ObjectData, TagData, SequenceData etc). How are you setting up the modification (through an expression, or through getvirtual obejcts etc)?

In general to debug you need to work out when and where things are executing and when and where they're breaking out, if only to make sure that a routine is actually being called. GePrint is your friend for this.

kassad
02-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi,

The plugin is a TagData containing a CustomDataType which is saved in the scene via
Hyperfile with the overloaded TagData::Read() and TagData::Write() functions.

The scene is saved and loaded correctly, we see the loaded data in the debugger and
the render in the editor vue works fine.

But when we debug the same scene in the "picture viewer", the CustomDataType is empty.

We also notice that the TagData::Init() function is called each time we render in the "Picture Viewer".

Back to the editor vue, the value of the CustomDataType is correct again.

We think that it is an Instance problem...

B->

Per-Anders
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
i'm surprised you're not storing it in the basecontainer (as then the reading/writing and animation handling would all be taken care of, just like any other customdatatype, e.g. spline gui etc). anyhow, the main fault i see is that your'e lacking a CopyTo function.

when rendering cinema makes a copy of the document (that is why you can edit the current document and render at the same time without them interfering). as you're storing this customdatatype internally then you will need to additionally have copyto otherwise the copies of your tag wont contain the same data.

kassad
02-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi again,

Thank you.
It's working now.

The reason we don't store it in the BaseContainer is that we don't know how to do:
we use a STL vector. The elements of that STL vector are size variable arrays of 3D vectors.

B->

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 01:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.