PDA

View Full Version : Still: Lone Microphone

Squarecloud
12-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Hi there people,

I've made this microphone in max. My intention is to use it in a campaign to atract vj's for a student television network in the Netherlands.

I'm just getting started with 3d modelling so any help will be much appreciated.:wavey:

Stimpy
12-11-2002, 12:41 PM
i like it so far... are you going to put it in some kind of scene or before some background ???
and do you have any reference pics of what kind of microphone you are after ??

whats a bit confusing right now to me is the reflection in the glass arc.. or it could be the transparency.. maybe look into that.

r0bal
12-11-2002, 01:38 PM
I think that the mapping cords need a bit of work. It doesn't look perfect on the microphone and I'm not sure if the thing with the logo looks like you wanted.

Squarecloud
12-11-2002, 04:46 PM
Hey guys,

thnx for the tips:thumbsup:,

Stimpy: I'm going to put it in a 2d scene which is going to be in a similar style to the left side of this website the NF.TV site (http://www.nf.tv). I've combined some microphones from the sixties into one mic. You're right about the reflection on the arc, i'll probably tone it down a bit.

r0bal: I haven't really worked on the mapping cords, i should defenitely look into that.

I'll probably post a new version tomorrow.

Btw does anyone know how to bend text in max without making it look like cr*p?:hmm:

Squarecloud
12-16-2002, 11:48 AM
Hey there,:wavey:

I'm back with a new version.

I've put the mic in a background, i didn't really have the time to change the mic itself:hmm:

The main focus of the graphic has to be the (be a nf-vj) text. I don't know why but the picture still seems a bit bland at the moment, so any comments on the lay-out or use of colors will be much appreciated.:rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.