PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 Infinite!

Johnny9ball
02-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Is it worth it? Anyone use this program and can give a little review?

I was wondering because I am thinking about doing my upgrade preorder for LW v9 and grabbing this bundle. Just wondering if Vue 5 infinite is cool?

Signal2Noise
02-16-2006, 06:23 AM
I have it. I'm just learning it still so really can't comment on it but as a former Bryce user Vue is a Godsend!

You can visit the Cornucopia forums or for more of an unbiased 'view of Vue' vcheck out NewTek's forum. Lots of threads there on the positives and negatives of Vue. Overall, I think the consensus is Vue is pretty good.

icedeyes
02-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I bought it with the lw9+vue option and it works fine but i wouldn't use it as a standalone application... I use it when i want some quick trees or maybe terrain for lw (it has an lwo export option and it works just fine)... if you think about upgrading, it is nice and free too :D...

zuzzabuzz
02-16-2006, 01:13 PM
I've been enjoying it. I really like it's skies because they're fairly realistic with little work to set them up. The booleans are nice (they're animatable and for CSG objects, really sharp) and useful for logos, etc. The camera controls are handy for making wide-angle shots. The most enjoyable part has been playing with the eco-system surfacing and tacking thousands of objects to cubes and spheres for surreal effects with short rendering times. :) The cross-platform support is also nice. Works just as well on my mac or my pc.

I think I saw one person describe its landscape renders as "painterly" which I think is pretty apt. There's something about a lot of them that just seems "fake" but also beautiful. I haven't quite ruled out that it's my inability to texture things well. One bit of disappointment was building a simple house and texturing it with UVs and then having those UVs not import correctly into Vue.

All in all, it's been really fun to play with, and I look forward to generating some backgrounds to integrate with LW in the future. If you're planning to upgrade to LW9, this Vue deal is pretty handy.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 01:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.