PDA

View Full Version : Bersama-sama

Fireantz
02-16-2006, 05:04 AM
"Bersama-sama" means Together.
http://www.toa.edu.my/showcase/artwork/animation/gfx/22.jpg

This story is revolves around three spiritual monsters. The three spiritual monsters is represent Malaysia multi-national culture.They will have to face a lot of challenges and troubles in their journey, but they were able to overcome it will the power of unity.

We want to deliever you a msg that every individual is like a spiritual monster . Alone , you just can achieve very little. Unite , we can achieve anything !

Download Quicktime movie 28.8mb
http://www.dg26.com/hoeyi/movie/low_bersama.mov ( right click to save as)

Comment is Welcome !

by Ayam Production
Member : Cheong Hoe Yi, Goh Chee Seng & Lim Shan Fei

summeralive
02-16-2006, 08:11 AM
:bounce: wow....
>Colour, setup, texture, lighting, animation, compositing......n so..very well done..!! :buttrock:

>Able to get thing done on time.... these guy r just very good student...!!

>Glad to see u guys done something so nice n good.... very well done..!

>i guess after this... TOA might not have better 3D works than u guys...

>>>> KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK<<<<

>>>> :applause: :cool: :love: :buttrock: <<<<

seng83
02-16-2006, 08:20 AM
hi everyone, im chee seng here. 1st of all sorry that quite a lot of grammar and spelling mistake, and i will ask my teamate who is fireantz(hoeyi) to motify it soon.

this is our final project which is spend aorund half year to complete ( from pre-pro to 3D production) with 3 ppl.

our team is Ayam production and here have somebody ask me why. Try to turn this 'ayam' is 'maya'.which means we using maya , and ayam is malaysia languague.we trying to telling everyone this is Malaysian production.

here to welcome everyone give comment n critique us. this is the best way to share dont you think so?

all the best !

-seng-

p/s: remember use quicktime 7.0

Kerusi
02-16-2006, 03:46 PM
haha so its finally up!!! yeah its one of the finer recent works from TOA, but anyway... dun forget DG30 too..... my spider sense told me they are doing great too...... looking forward to that tooo hehehe.. can;t wait to see them complete their finals...

detached
02-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey guys, great work. Thats all I can say.:bounce:

Bryant-Tan-Wee-Loon
02-17-2006, 05:34 PM
wow..! that's a good job! i would like to congrates once again to you guys...haha...wait for us! we are on our way! haha...hope we can post our animation here too! haha,,,

yuen
02-18-2006, 06:10 AM
That was a great afford off work you all done. It was a new hope for malaysia. Did you had any reply at singapore. I really enjoy it.

lmc
02-18-2006, 06:28 AM
erm.. downloading now, anyhw its great to see local work again. Somemore that is student final project... keep it on.

webhead
02-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Nice effort. I have some crits, though. I realize it's just a short and that there is little time for exposition, but I felt parts of the short could be made more clear.
For example, it isn't as clear as it should be at first, that the three protaganists are stuck in an elevator, particularly since one doesn't normally expect a person to enter an elevator when crawling in a hole in a tree. One reason it was not so clear was that, whenever they turned the wheel that operated the elevator, it would go up and down yet, there was no sign of movement inside the elevator; Their weight/balance didn't shift. No sign of even secondary movement.
The red guy showed he had the power to manipulate matter at the beginning of the short which seemed like a power he could have used to get them out of the elevator at one point perhaps.
The ground looked like it was actually moving like liquid when the characters ran straight towards the camera instead of giving the effect it was the characters who were actually moving.
Also, I didn't see you really sell the point of 'working together accomplishes anything' even though at one point they worked together briefly, it didn't end up saving them from the mess they were in and they only ended up back in trouble with the big guy at the end.
Look forward to more of your work in the future. :buttrock:

hampsty
02-19-2006, 11:37 PM
You guys rock! You all already know my opinion about your works and again, I would like to say kudos and congratulation for such outstanding work! Honoured and grateful enough to know you guys for the past 2 years. :D

I think Webhead had a lot of good pointers. Thanks Webhead! Your critiques help all of us grow. (Despite the fact I'm not part of this project but we still learn together!)

And I look forward to see more great works from you guys, keep it up!

Joe_chye
02-20-2006, 05:21 AM
Great work and keep it up! :)

limshanfei
02-20-2006, 10:34 AM
hey guys, Shan Fei here!! thanks a lot for all your good comments and critiques. As what webhead said, "it's just a short and that there is little time for exposition, but I felt parts of the short could be made more clear." We appreciate and learnt a lot from there:applause:

Personally,the establishing parts were too fast that the audiences couldn't have enough spaces to follow the flow of the movie, and they may not understand what were they doing. Finally, there are still a lot of minor mistakes that could be improve.:D

Though this is the result of the Ayam's production(where we still have a lot can be improve), I think this is the best of 3 of us in these period of time, hehe, really enjoy doing this final wit both of you, Hoe Yi and Chee Seng, my best teammates. Hope to see more great works from both of you soon:thumbsup:

beho
02-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I love the characters

webhead
02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm glad some of my points were helpful. That's what's so great about these forums - There's always a good interchange of inspiration and information. I can't come here without finding somebody's work that inspires me or teaches me something new.

Digging A Hole For Myself.

The Funimator
02-22-2006, 09:15 AM
hey... u guys are brillliant ! Love the animation! Very well done! 5 Stars !!!
:applause::applause::applause:
again..... LOVE IT !!! :love:

elnady
02-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Awesome
I love it:love: 5*

goolin
02-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Congrats Guys!

It's really great work. The best 3D animation i've seen from One Academy so far. Keep up the good work!

ABin123
02-23-2006, 01:38 PM
"Is that a student work!! imposible!:eek: " haha this really is a very nice aniamtion and the animation of the moster also very impress .. yeah the blackground also very nice^^ keep it up

Fireantz
02-24-2006, 03:45 AM
Thanks you so mush guys. U all my best friend and Best partner i ever together.
i love u all DG26....i miss all so MUCH.....13 guys i never forgot...

This 3 spirit just like we 3 person had done this animation. The Monster just like the problem that we had . Monster keep chasing us, it like the deadline chasing us. We r so scared, but after we help each other, at last..."Together we can overcome the challeges".

i will keep this in my mind in my whole life. Thanks my BEST partner ,who is done this animation Together... Chee Seng & Shan fei.

:cry:...miss u all...........

seng83
02-24-2006, 08:32 AM
ya, best partner ever i met is hoe yi n shan fei. i felt like very happy 2 work with them because we have same passion 2 do this animation. i think the most important thing 4 a team is same target 2 achieve. this half year is not easy 4 us n we met a lot of problems too. btw, we still overcome it in the end. thx 4 go until the end 2gether...!

Fireantz
02-26-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm fresh graduated from TheOneAcademy....need to find job~!

This is my batch website, alot talent there also~!
http://www.dg26.com/

seng83
03-08-2006, 08:19 AM
haha...i nid a job too..

btw, i thought post our work at here will get a lot of critics and sharing. i believe there are a lot of seniors have did this kind of short film before right? i will like to get some sharing of anything involve .

im actually handle more about the art direction and movie directing. for me the most difficuly part is story telling.its hard to tell a comedy in short film after i do this project. luckily we have put a lot of efforts on our storyboard in the pre-pro stage.

in the animation part i found that if there are more than 2 characters inside a story is hard to act out different characteristic too. if next time i do this kind of short film again, i will make the characteristic more specify in the pre-pro stage. such as their free posing and what kind of action and expression they like to do. that will easier all the animator to animate those characters.

ABin123
03-15-2006, 03:01 PM
seng83 u "shou pi " la hahaha.. hope u can work enjoy lo

seng83
03-18-2006, 02:18 PM
this is all our pre- production works (character deisgn)

seng83
03-18-2006, 02:30 PM
pre-production ( character design )

Downforit
03-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Wow I love the work you do I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Norl
03-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Good work, hope to see more!

seng83
03-18-2006, 08:03 PM
haha.why u edited your post? actually wat u said is wat we think...and u are right also.course those chacarteristic is base on our 3 main races 2 create one....hehe.i saw u r stay in singapore , no wonder u so familiar wif our culture....haha

Norl
03-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Hehe...oh just not to stray beyond the relevance of this thread. Anyway, feel free to visit my local CG forum CG-3D Singapore at www.aestheticcorp.com for work opportunities and interaction with the local CG community, which some coming from the surrounding regions including Malaysia. Well, keep up the good work and keep 'em coming!

3dcga
03-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Good stuff :D

Definitely a lot better than the student works I saw locally. Keep going :)

seng83
03-20-2006, 10:53 AM
oh...singapore is a nice place, but i will work in local (malaysia) 1st. i went 2 sinpaore b4 but seems like timing not so match and i cant get a job.
therefore, i think i should get some working experience.

the purpose to do this project ( bersam-sama ) not really just to get a result. we try to do something is what we want to challenge. make fun is our main purpose,becoz we like 2 c audience laugh and smile while watching our movie. if audience will go out the auditorium with smilling face , i think thats consider a encouragement 4 us.

this is our 1st try, there is so many spaces we still need 2 improve...i think this is a very good start 4 us...we will keep it up !

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2006, 10:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.