PDA

View Full Version : Skin modifier's Mirror Mode not seeming to paste correctly from one side to the other

AndrewAnimation
02-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Hello,

I made a visual explanation of what's happening:

http://www.andrewanimation.com/mirror.jpg

I'm having a problem using the Skin modifier's Mirror Mode in Max 8, and thought I'd ask about it here in case it's a known issue. When I attempt to Paste Blue to Green Verts, the Green Verts half will then be messed up. To be exact, everything I gave a weight of 1.0 to on the left half will then also take the flipped verts on the other half as weighted 1.0 to the left half, as the visual explanation shows.

I found the minimum threshold number that doesn't have any red dots in the mirror, only blue and green, so the threshold should be fine.

Also, if there's a third party kind of program that also mirrors weights from one half to the other, please let me know about it and I'll use that instead.

Thanks,
Andrew

eek
02-16-2006, 01:14 AM
set your mirror threshold to 1.25-1.35

eek

AndrewAnimation
02-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the help, 1.35 makes a big difference, only for some reason the character's foot alone still has the issue even at 1.35. I don't understand the threshold too well, so how high is TOO high? I'd like to set it high enough that nothing will mess up, but I'm not sure how high is too high.

Thanks a lot

eek
02-16-2006, 04:14 AM
rack it up in iterations, 1.45,55,65 - 2 i think 2 is easily enough.

eek

Cenelder
04-03-2006, 11:47 PM
OMG EEK! thank you so much! this helped me out tons. I personally used 1.50 and i found that to minimize the differences!

Thnx man! You saved me 10 hours of work easily! i was just gonna reskin the other side!

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2006, 11:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.