PDA

View Full Version : Bernhard Huber - VFX Demo Reel

tkdberni
02-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi everbody,

I've just completed the VFS 3d Animation & Visual Effects program and I will start soon a 4 month certification course for Houdini and Nuke also at VFS. End of June I'll be looking for work as modeler, texture artist or visual effects artist.

All visual elements have been created by me in Maya, Photoshop and After Effects. I hope you like my current demo reel.

www.mindfuel.ch/videos/demo_reel_berni_huber.mov (http://www.mindfuel.ch/videos/demo_reel_berni_huber.mov)

Intervain
02-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Pretty sweet work there Berni - best of luck in your job hunt :beer:

tkdberni
02-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I'll see you around.

Take care

Domo_Digital
02-17-2006, 04:36 AM
Good job man,

whats up with no posts yet? Us Viz Fx'ers dont get any love on the forums :rolleyes:

I liked the watch at the start I didnt even realize it was cg till the breakdowns, I had to go back and look again. I thought just the little pop out guy was the only cg element.

The phone to particles was pretty cool too.

Good luck with the Houdini course, and all your other future endevours!

3D53 AdamM OUT! :buttrock:

jcword
02-17-2006, 07:09 AM
very impressive! The phone and watch presentations were the best parts I think, very realistic.
The cars switching was cool too and the switch is flawless but I really love the watch the most.

tkdberni
02-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Thank you guys your comments mean a lot to me. I worked hard on this demo reel and it feels very good to receive some positive feedback.

rblitz7
02-18-2006, 05:08 AM
Woah!! That was sick! Great work! I thought the watch was real until it moved. lol.

p0rcupine
02-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey man I love your reel like everybody said.

The watch shot is just amazing. I thought it was real too just like everybody else.
Sweet light and comping dude.
The car shot is good too, but the red SUV looks better than the sports car for some reason.
The Cellphone is coool as well, was it HDRI lighted or did you light it?

Well you did a lot of work and I am pretty sure 6 month wasn't a long time to pull off what you've achieved. I can tell from your reel that you worked really hard.

Really awesome job man. Good luck with Houdini course.

tkdberni
02-18-2006, 07:36 PM
The watch and the cell phone are lit with regular directional and point lights. The cars are lit with a single HDR image on a dome.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

kalfred02
02-18-2006, 09:35 PM
That was really awesome man, i think my favorite part was the cell phone...it was very realistic..well, until it fell apart! hah...but anyways, seeing this is very inspiring to my own work! Good luck in all!

Scob
02-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Waouuuw ..Really impressing...:applause:

One day I will do the same....
Euh ,at least I hope...:rolleyes:

Rawk
02-25-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm really digging this one...best wishes to ya in all that you do!!!:thumbsup:

tkdberni
02-26-2006, 12:19 AM
A big thanks to everyone who leaves comments here and watches my reel.

aestheta
03-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Great work Berni! Those extra two months sure gave you the time to create a great demo reel. I love your car shot most of all, very creative! I knew you had that creative edge in ya. ;) And I am very impressed with the outcome. Well, good luck with the job hunt man. And stay in touch!

much love,

tkdberni
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Now I'm actually glad that I got injured to get more time to work on my demo reel.

Thanks for your comments. Take care Christine.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.