PDA

View Full Version : He just runs and then he jumps

Nunwick
02-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone,

I've just started on a new animation exercise.
Just a fella, the rig from anzovin.com (thanks very much, highly recommended) running and jumping over a fence. I'm looking for a realistic feel and would welcome any comments on my progress.

www.keightleyceramics.co.uk/test.html

Thanks

wtoddk
02-16-2006, 07:47 AM
great animation! Very realistic.

A couple of suggestions:
- as he's running fast in the beginning, before slowing down to jump, maybe the arm swing could be more exaggerated, torso tilted forward, etc.
- when he lands, his feet touch the ground very very softly, too softly. Also maybe some more secondary animation of his arms, head, etc. would help that pose (when landing)
- after landing, his head doesn't move at all, it should probably look off to the right just before the rest of his body turns.

Good work!

authentic
02-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Gerat animation. 2 little crits.
I think that his pelvis (center of mass) coulb be more far when he "brakes.
The foot that lands after the jump which make him cross his legs can be good. But so He can't go so fast to a new run. MAke a pause maybe to add more weight.

:thumbsup:

Nunwick
02-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks both of you,

New animation, same page:
www.keightleyceramics.co.uk/test.html

You both mentioned his centre of gravity when he slows, so I have leant him back exaggerated his arms and made a bigger step.

The landing after the fence is a bit harder, don't know if that is enough yet though, and I hold him for a couple of frames and turn his head before he heads off to the left.

A friend mentioned that his legs were popping at the start, I've had a go at this but not sure if I have sucked the life out of the run cycle?

Loolarge
02-17-2006, 09:12 AM
It sorta looks like mocap, so if it's keyed you are doing great man :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 09:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.