PDA

View Full Version : New User query

Squash-n-Stretch
02-15-2006, 04:34 PM
I have finally gotten my head around the very very basic workings of Z-Brush (being a 3DS Max user normally) thanks to the excellent video tutorials available on 3D-Palace (far better than the robotic, uninspiring and uninformative one Meyers recorded on the pixologic site; how does that guy sell DVD's?). I also watched the tut that was on the 3D World cover disc a while back, from Kurv studios. It was really good, and what intrigued me the most was the 'stencil' option. My question is, can I use photoshop brushes as stencils? Can I load .abr files? What if there are more than one brush in the .abr file?

Thanx in Advance.

eblondin
02-15-2006, 05:04 PM
You cannot load .abr files. You can however save off any image as a .bmp, .psd, .jpg and a few other formats and load those as alphas and use them as stencils.

virtualmesh
02-16-2006, 02:00 AM
what issue of 3D World had the vtm on the cover CD ?

Andreseloy
02-16-2006, 08:42 AM
I found very instructive Meats dvd...
also you can see the Glen Southern dvd....
different poitns of view from we can learn.
Andreseloy

Squash-n-Stretch
02-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Hmm...maybe something they might think of including on Z-Brush 3 :D Maybe if Adobe can buy Pixologic if they have any spare change from buying macromedia ;D virtual mesh, I think the vid was in the issue with the Meat Meyers cover but I will check back tonight and definitely get back to you. It's a really cool vtm.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.