PDA

View Full Version : Animation:Fortress3 Movie Trailers

xee3d
12-11-2002, 08:40 AM
Fortress3 Movie Trailers

[Download]
Fortress3 movie Large Divx(64M) (http://korea2k.efnet.co.kr/~power/data/fortress3.720_327_divx.avi)
Fortress3 Movie Realtime(wmv) (http://korea2k.efnet.co.kr/~power/data/fortress3.400_300.wmv)
Fortress3 movie MOV(62M) (http://korea2k.efnet.co.kr/~power/data/fortress3.500_227.mov)

[Homepage]
http://www.x2film.com

[Created by Powerstation]

http://www.x2film.com/images/fortress3/fortress3_003.JPG
http://www.x2film.com/images/fortress3/fortress3_006.JPG

onearmedboxer
12-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Wow thats some sweet work ya got there .
Whats it for will it be an animated series , or a movie project .
how many people worked on it ?

Awesome stuff guys:beer:

Olicam
12-11-2002, 10:31 AM
WOOOOHHOOOO !!!!.
Excellent !! :) Very good !.
Great Job.

Olicam:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Wiz-Wiz-Wiz
12-11-2002, 11:15 AM
AWESOME :) More want more... :bounce:

Wiro
12-11-2002, 12:13 PM
Thanks Wiz for pointing me to this thread, now get back to work! :)

That was a really awesome trailer! I couldn't understand a single word off the website...how was it done? How many people, in what timeframe? What packages? What renderers? And is it a demo project or will it air on TV, come out in cinemas or what?
Need more info :D

Wiro

noorlander
12-11-2002, 12:29 PM
I really looking forward to the finshed animation/film... It's looking really cool :buttrock: Love the camera moves and explosions...

Stimpy
12-11-2002, 02:57 PM
took a while to download, but sure was worth it...

interesting mix of toony characters and quite realistic stuff.. good job on those explosions.

krisr
12-11-2002, 07:34 PM
Wow!!!!!! That was great! Looks like a demo for a game. The render quality is amazing. Please, someone share more info on this :scream:

xee3d
12-12-2002, 06:15 AM
This animation is game intro movie. :)

3d package : 3dsmax 5.0
renderer used : scanline & V-ray Render
render time : ??
how many people worked : "8" people.(powerstation member)
how long did it take : about a month.
:)

http://www.x2film.com/images/fortress3/fortress3_007.JPG

lildragon
12-12-2002, 07:50 AM
How in the world did I miss this one? Wow WOW, I mean it has everything, great animation, original lil story going, and one helleva kicking render. You make vray shine here my friend. Kudos on a job well done so far :thumbsup:

Can you tell us more about the story itself? You site isn't actually legible :)

Also what did you use for cloth simulation in Max 5?

You have received the CGtalk choice award. Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Congrats again, extremely well done, keep it up!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - when it becomes available

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_dec_2000.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

bansheeboyb
12-12-2002, 08:44 AM
awesome animation you got there :thumbsup:

Kabab
12-12-2002, 09:21 AM
That is an awesome peice !! you guys should be very proud.

say-g
12-12-2002, 09:35 AM
holy s**t! :buttrock: :buttrock:

fr3drik
12-12-2002, 10:18 AM
WOW what a concept! And beautifully executed too.
You're getting 5 stars from me!

kemamusa
12-12-2002, 10:33 AM
I believe "Fortress" is a Korean online arcade game... Really popular in Korea, Taiwan and Japan...:airguitar

wolfy2525
12-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Can i just say that they were some of the most spectacular explosions ive seen in cgi. The whole animation was a mini master piece. Lovely attention to detail like the tanks eyes with the crosses on when they die. Top marks to you sir.:buttrock: :buttrock: I must go as im off to watch it again, then again

leobarttz
12-12-2002, 11:32 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Congratulations!!!!

This is one of the best animation i´ve ever seen:airguitar
:applause:

Please, send us more details about the project!!

Ronski
12-12-2002, 12:36 PM
This is great, kinda Toy Story meets WarCraft, like the style lots! :thumbsup:

jason-slab
12-12-2002, 12:49 PM
64mb and server busy, hehehe guess i'll only see it tomorrow

by the comments it sounds good though:)

|jason

michaeli
12-12-2002, 01:33 PM
It's a great work, well done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The lighting is so beautiful!Do you use the GI?

CarlCampbell
12-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Outstanding! 5 stars from me!

Carl :beer:

Agraba
12-12-2002, 02:37 PM
This is an amazing inspiration.
I especially love the smoke effects and the fact that it is done in a month is also pretty impressive.

Tennis
12-12-2002, 04:22 PM
damn really really nice :thumbsup:
those explotions looks so cool, how did use do those ? with afterburn or ?

Good Guy
12-12-2002, 04:27 PM
Wow thats REALLY good! :buttrock: Loved it when the camera followed the flying ship in and out of the explosions. V.Cool :thumbsup:

BenB
12-12-2002, 05:01 PM
The link isn't working for me .. Is it working for anyone else?

jjburton
12-12-2002, 05:16 PM
What did you use for the smoke and explosions? If you hadn't of said Max, I'd have sworn it was Lightwave hypervoxels. Is the whole thing entirely Max?

Oh yeah...Phenomenal job!:bounce: :bounce:

KingMob
12-12-2002, 06:10 PM
yet another animation/render that makes me question my stance on max....anyone got a copy of 5 they no longer want?:beer:

great great work, as everyone has aid. My only critique is why would the supreme ruler dragon dude wait till all his bros were dead before coming out and shooting his super blast at them...he's kind of a jerk ruler isn't he? I guess it makes sense that the other army wanted to overthrow him. I mean, he could end any war by himself but he makes his porr wittle tanks go out and die for no reason.

;)

BTW my favorite part is when the tanks get loaded into the wall mounted canon thing, that was awesome.

CarlCampbell
12-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by KingMob
great great work, as everyone has aid. My only critique is why would the supreme ruler dragon dude wait till all his bros were dead before coming out and shooting his super blast at them...he's kind of a jerk ruler isn't he? I guess it makes sense that the other army wanted to overthrow him. I mean, he could end any war by himself but he makes his porr wittle tanks go out and die for no reason.

;)

BTW my favorite part is when the tanks get loaded into the wall mounted canon thing, that was awesome.

Its probably the cliché blend of videogame/fanstasy movie outcome: "Wahoo, we kicked their asses!" and then... Final Boss or the Main Course or whatever you'd want to call it.

I also liked the wall-cannons. I also like how the hover-guy /the leader, maybe) flies through the battlefield to the gates.

Only two crits: The explosions seem all of the EXACTLY same seed, only detonated with delay between them, but you can see that they're pretty similar, at least I think so...
The other is that the scene where part of the castle falls onto the camera fades in from black and then out again to the next scene after that. The falling thing is cool for something sudden, but IMO no to have its own Transitions for both I/O :)

I don't even measure up to your shoelaces, so I might as well shaddup :p :p

Maximus Groff
12-12-2002, 08:40 PM
HUm... no time to build characters - so lets explode everything in the cool way... :(

great for portfolio, but lacks history (even for a trailer)...

CarlCampbell
12-12-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Maximus Groff
HUm... no time to build characters - so lets explode everything in the cool way... :(

Err.... what?

:shame:

Characters: Tanks
Explosions? Yeah, tis a battle you know...
Story? Its there, just IMAGINE. CAN you imagine?© ;)

Da_elf
12-12-2002, 10:36 PM
wow. awsome. you should post this on the vray forum. My question is do you feel that vray helped alot in this project in a: the look of your images and b: in the time frame it was created in. I know what im thinking...vray rocks

moovieboy
12-13-2002, 12:21 AM
D'oh!...

I can't get mine to play in either Mac OS 9 or X, with QT6 and DivX 5 alpha 3!!! :annoyed:

Help!

-Tom :D

xee3d
12-13-2002, 12:54 AM
Dear. moovieboy

Upload Qtime format movie.
:)

[Download]
Fortress3 movie MOV(62M) (http://korea2k.efnet.co.kr/~power/data/fortress3.500_227.mov)

http://www.x2film.com/images/quicktime.JPG

BenB
12-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Nevermind, I was able to get it ..

And its really nicely done! I really love the colors and clean look. The best thing I've seen done in max.

CarlosA
12-13-2002, 01:02 AM
ignore"

Tad
12-13-2002, 01:06 AM
are you a newbie or just un-creative??
you dont HAVE to have characters in every piece of 3d art
to make it good man.

Besides, they were obviously going for a cartoony style.
and as trailers go... it gave me about as much info as any other trailer does

I mean... come on:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Maximus Groff

CarlCampbell
12-13-2002, 01:09 AM
Like I said, Tad: Tanks = Characters!

I mean, look at da widdle fings! They have meanie eyes and everything! If they're some expressions morphing in the [final product] that'll breath enough life into them to make Casper jealous!

Trinity_3d
12-13-2002, 01:11 AM
i celebrate your team's...:)

CarlosA
12-13-2002, 01:26 AM
ignore this too,
sorry.

moovieboy
12-13-2002, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the "instquicktime" mov! xee3d, you rock!:thumbsup:

I'd take the "character" complaints with a huge grain of salt. Sure, there could have been lil' character moments of your leaders sending their "men" to war, but big deal. I think it's incredible work and loved watching it!

And now I'm gonna watch it again! :bounce:

So, when's it coming out on the PS2??? :D

-Tom

facial
12-13-2002, 04:15 AM
Wooooooooooow, I really love this tailer, Hey you should get 5 stars, It si really great work, I want to see more.:beer: :beer:

jason-slab
12-13-2002, 05:30 AM
ummmmm holy crap!!! thats good:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well done

|jason

le_faya
12-14-2002, 04:05 PM
:surprised I really like render...V-RAy (hum hum)

I specialy like the specials effects. really beatiful job!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RockinAkin
12-15-2002, 01:44 AM
Very very nice direction and ideas.
The lighting is superb.
The explosions and particle effects are to die for.

Very nice job.
-DivideByZero-

Lunatique
12-15-2002, 05:25 AM
Man, Korea is kicking so much ass these days. A kickass film industry, growing game industry, thriving music industry...etc.

Watch out Japan! Here comes Korea!

le_faya
12-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Just a little thing....how did you realised the specials effects....they are too good....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

julong
12-28-2002, 02:54 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice!!!!
Great work!!!!

BassoLTD
01-31-2003, 03:12 PM
Great work. Love the fly thru towards the end of the animation. My only complaint is the repeated fading to black throughout the animation. Other than that. DAMN! :beer:

~Lawrence:surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.