PDA

View Full Version : Any know how to Copy/Mirror Driven Keys?

VOO
02-15-2006, 02:28 PM
I have Driven Keys set up on one half of a skeleton and need to transfer them to the other side.

Is there a way I can copy the driven keys from one object to another?
Maybe tell it to look for the same values but on a different object?
Without going through and noteing down every driven key, some are quite complicated and were done on the fly, so now I have them working I'd like to reuse the information.

I hope this makes sense and I'm not just garbling.

M.E.L.
02-15-2006, 07:05 PM
find the driven keys in your outliner.
duplicate the fcurve nodes.
note the mirror axis' so you know which channels to invert
pipe the output of the duped fcurves into the inputs of a reverse node
connect the output of the reverse to the corresponding channel on the other side

hacked approach but seems to work each time I use it.

-s

john_homer
02-15-2006, 07:44 PM
find the driven keys in your outliner.
duplicate the fcurve nodes.
note the mirror axis' so you know which channels to invert
pipe the output of the duped fcurves into the inputs of a reverse node
connect the output of the reverse to the corresponding channel on the other side
hacked approach but seems to work each time I use it.
-s

hmm.. not trying to pick a fight.. but I'm not sure how a reverse node could ever work, since it reverses black->white,,, ie, 1->0, 0->1 and 0.5->0.5 etc...
wouldn't you rather it be multiplied by (-1) in which case you would use a militlpyDivide node?? or is that what you ment anyway?? could be confusing as lots of people seem to thing a reverse node does that..
or just have no "reverse" node at all and just flip the curve with MEL. (like selecting it and *=-1)

.j

M.E.L.
02-15-2006, 07:51 PM
hmm.. not trying to pick a fight.. but I'm not sure how a reverse node could ever work, since it reverses black->white,,, ie, 1->0, 0->1 and 0.5->0.5 etc...
wouldn't you rather it be multiplied by (-1) in which case you would use a militlpyDivide node?? or is that what you ment anyway?? could be confusing as lots of people seem to thing a reverse node does that..
or just have no "reverse" node at all and just flip the curve with MEL. (like selecting it and *=-1)

.j

no need to pick a fight, that was my screw up :) What I meant was a multiplyDivide node by an inverse (-1). Apparently I should wake up a bit before posting ;)

cheers john.

-s

seema
02-20-2006, 08:05 AM
if you have bonus tools , theres a quick menu to mirror/copy set driven keys as well.

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 08:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.