PDA

View Full Version : Character Studio envelopes and vertex problem

Diffused
12-11-2002, 05:24 AM
HelP! i just rigged a hand in character studio. How do i copy and paste ALL the envelopes and vertex stuff i made onto the other hand? The other hand is a seperate object but positioned EXACLY at the same symmetrical spot my rigged hand is. Any suggestions??

RockinAkin
12-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Well, im not sure if this is what you're looking for, but there ARE copy, paste, and mirror buttons under the envelope sub-object level. They'll copy the envelopes size, shape, and orientation to whichever other bone you select.

However, since you're rigging fingers, I'll assume that they are close enough together that you will have to / or already have assigned custom vertex assignments to the appropriate bones to avoid distortion.

Bad news is... these custom vertex assignments WONT copy over when you copy the envelope. It doesn't matter if your mesh is prefectly semetrical, CS treats the mesh vertex by vertex.

Now im not an expert with CS (pretty far from it), so dont take my word for it, but I have played with it for a while, and if there is a way to do this, I haven't found it yet.... and would love to know if there is a way too.

Hope that helps,
-DivideByZero-

Diffused
12-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Thanks DivideByZero, but i already knew that. DAMN! this sucks. no way out of this mess except rigging the other hand from scratch. Ow-- and you cant exacly copy 2 or more selected envelopes either. One at a time.. :hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.