PDA

View Full Version : render images, but not sequence

andrewjohn81
02-15-2006, 01:50 PM
I need to render about 12 or so images at specific frames and they are NOT at even intervals. This is something I do alot just to grab frames for people that they want to print out.
I know the quality is bad, but they want it anyway, so i stretch it to something like 1500x1000 and save it as a tiff with no alpha.
Once i have those settings I don't want to set them Every time I submit another frame.

Is there a better/quicker way of doing this? or at least a way to save the settings so it sets them every time?

andrewjohn81
02-15-2006, 01:56 PM
ok, I guess I got it. It would be nice if it saved your last settings and not used default every time....but here's what i did:

Edit>Templates>Output Modules

create a new setting and set it as your default. I just have to remember to change it back when I am done.

Buzzoff
02-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Don't know if this will help you but here is a go at it...

what you could do (if i understand correctly) is when you are at a specific frame in your movie, you could select that movie in your timeline, and just press the "*" on your numeric keypad, that will only (as you will see) make a mark on that frame.

know when you make all the marks you can easely get to them by holding the shift kay and scrubing near that specific frame(s) and it will snap to that frame

when you are done you can then go on the menu Composition > Save Frame As > File

or just use the shortcut CTRL+ALT+S (mac: cmd+opt+s)

hope it helps

suztv
02-17-2006, 09:10 PM
If you have certain frames that have already been output via the render que (Composition > Save Frame As > File) then you can duplicate those output files by selecting them in the render que and pressing Ctrl-D or command-D (mac). The exact same settings will apply.

Also you can tell after effects to render those images at a larger size by selecting the render settings and selecting size. Of course if your original image/comp is 720x480 it isn't going to look great in HD.

JohnnyRandom
02-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I know the quality is bad, but they want it anyway, so i stretch it to something like 1500x1000 and save it as a tiff with no alpha.

Hehe I hate that, but if you are interested... a little trick a learned a while back. It works really well up to about double the original.

AE Render out normal size.
Import to Photoshop. (PS subpixel interpretation algorithm seems to be a little better than AE's)
go to edit>image size
Set your desired WxH and goto the image sampling and choose "Bicubic Smoother" to go bigger (Bicubic Sharper if you want to reduce image size)
You can then add a unsharp mask if you want to "stiffen" it up a tad.

BTW You can automate the process by creating an "action" so you can do a batch jobs.

Also CS2 has a resize wizard haven't tried it tho...

Shinjipierre
02-18-2006, 01:13 AM
If I remember well, I had creted a script that renders the frames that have a marker on a frame...

Let me look for it...

http://www.shinjipierre.be/script/render_marker_frames.jsx

I don't know if it works in after effects 7.0, though.

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 01:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.