PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Challenge #2: cryo_7

cryo_7
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi to all, I choose script 2. NICK staggers into THE KITCHEN... "why is this bottle EMPTY??"

The scene is rendered using mental ray with GI ang FG. I ll try and a script 4 version maybe tommorow... Any comments are more than welcome

cryo_7
02-16-2006, 12:51 AM
and this is my -in progress- script#4 version using parti volume and only one spot light...

Synthesizer
02-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Hi cryo.

The first one is a good start, but there isn't enough light transfer for my taste (not sure if that's the "technical" term ;)). There is too much ambient light without any bounce from the sun. It's also much too nice and happy for a hungover drunk wanting to get drunk again. Some glare from the window and more contrast would help alot.

For the second image, why is it underwater? ;) The fog might be good if it's more subtle, but right now it's too thick. I'm not sure why the sky is that colour, what's happening there? That bottle of wine looks poisened to me....

Hope this helps a bit.

cryo_7
02-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Hi Simon, thanks for your comments. I try to give a warmer look to my first image. As for the second one the fog is thick because its all over the place... Someone left the door open and something really bad is going to happen... :) Here is an update for script 4.

jeremybirn
02-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Probably you should put a color other than black in the window, if its supposed to be such a bright light source. I guess this could be script #4 or maybe #3. Maybe in terms of colors you could use a contrasting color for some of the indoor light, and that would give you a chance to play up some of the shadows more for more of a horror film look.

-jeremy

cryo_7
02-21-2006, 07:43 PM
This is another attempt for script 4. I was inspired by other members work, I hope this is ok.. :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.