PDA

View Full Version : Sharing another image

BDismukes
02-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Sure, it's a subject that's been done to death, but I just can't seem to help myself. It's modeled with the EIU Modeler and rendered in passes, specular, luminance, diffuse and occlusion. I got it in my head that the show needed some updating and that it might be a good exercise in using vfx to help tell a story bigger than the usual "buy this crap" that I tend to make. Mars texture supplied by NASA.

harryb
02-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I really like the fact that you seem to have included more detail than the original model!

Great job!

Giacomo_M
02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Looks great-

Are you trying to duplicate the look of the original TV series? If so, great. If not, I'd turn up the intesity of the "sun" light and cut down on the GI--objects in outer space have a very stark look to them, due to the lack of atmosphere to scatter the light rays.

GM

BDismukes
02-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I am indeed trying to echo the look of the original series, more or less splitting the difference between that too evenly lit look and what reality would have to offer. A fine line to walk and I'm still finding my way through it. So, thanks and I'll keep trying.

Reuben5150
02-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Cool,

I'm not a really a trek fan and can't remember the "look" of the original, one crit, is the planet receiving shadows ? looks that way, i would turn off "receive shadow" for the planet and maybe give it some luminance.

Reuben

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 06:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.