PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Training at Friendsgraph '06

Amadhi
02-14-2006, 08:40 PM
2005 as quite the whirlwind! With inspirational speaking engagements at conventions in Europe and the US, consulting gigs, private training sessions, and even a Guest of Honor position with Peter Laird, ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" co-creator,) the year went by saturated with motion-blur! :P

The virtual studio is rolling on the production of the second "Kaze, Ghost Warrior" short film. And now that the proof-of-concept first work has been done, showing that it is indeed possible to get significant visuals out of a one-person-show, the team is really gearing to do things right! We've had trainees, go from barely knowing LightWave to becoming fully-fledged assistants in under 6 weeks. And we've had programming tests for new LightWave tools that have left me absolutely giddy!

I've been asked to co-teach the 2-day, seminar of intensive training at Kurv Studios' "Friendsgraph" this year. I've drawn-up a list of some of the most well-received subjects I've taught in previous seminars, but I'd like to hear what _you_ would like to learn. What are the things _you_ would like to come away with to make your jobs and lives easier? What would _you_ like to know the quickest and most easiest ways of doing to make your time with LightWave a lot more like play, and a lot less like work?

My current list of topics is:

Realistic Animal Fur in Sasquatch
Super-Accelerating Sasquatch renders
Advanced Character Rigging for both realistic and "cartooney" characters
Advanced animation mechanics
Life Drawing in 3D
Acting for Animators

- Timothy

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 08:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.