PDA

View Full Version : Writing on an envelope

sjcrompo
02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi Guys

I have finally sussed out the write on effect thanks to Jayce's tut. I have animated an envelope fluttering down to the ground, I have output that using a tiff sequence. I have about 30 pre comps that make up the writing. What it the best workflow for me to have the writing on one layer and at the same time be able to manipulate it on a 3d layer to look like it is being written on the envelope.

Thanks for any help.

Think I have sorted it now.

Steve

dbates
02-14-2006, 10:36 PM
So. . . you figured it out? How did you do it?

I was thinking of pre-rendering the writing onto a layer and then using that as your 3d solid. . . but that doesn't let you go back and change the lettering.

sjcrompo
02-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Yep I just pre comped the writing then turned it into a 3d layer etc etc. I wonder if there is a way to be able to unprecomp to change anything to pre comp it again or if you just have to make sure that what you precomp it ok first.

Steve

prox-emics
02-16-2006, 05:07 AM
If you're wondering about making changes after precomping..you can. Just open the comp that is the "precomp" and it will have all the layers you turned into the precomp, you can then change them all you like and it will update the "precomp" in any other comps.

sjcrompo
02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks for that info.:thumbsup:

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.