PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Trees.

sic6six
12-10-2002, 11:48 PM
what is the best way to draw a tree in photoshop. i have the lates version and want to paint a realistic looking tree into the scene. how do i go about it?
Sic6siX

Ian Jones
12-12-2002, 06:30 AM
There's certainly no 'filter' or 'step by step' solution. It's pretty much just the same as traditional painting. Think along those lines and you'll need the airbrush or paintbrush. Make sure you don't use oversaturated colours, for example a lot of beginners paint the leaves green, really green and use only that green. Which if you look in nature is incorrect. Green is never the same shade, hue or saturation. Go outside and study a tree, or photograph carefully.

Be careful also not to use just 'soft edged' brushes like an airbrush, because your painting will then look too soft, blurry and undefined. Do not be scared to put down some stronger brushstrokes with a hard edged brush. Visit the 2D gallery at cgtalk, or some other painting and digital illustration alternatives.

http://forums.sijun.com

www.eatpoo.com

Hope that helps.

sic6six
12-15-2002, 05:24 AM
cheers for that dude it helps me out alot

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.