PDA

View Full Version : playblasting fcheck vs quicktime

zenigeva
02-14-2006, 05:03 PM
having had issues with quicktime 7, i switched to fcheck to playblast animations, but noticed that even if playback is set to 24 fps, it actually hovers around 23.70 and 24.15 fps. Is this a problem for checking animation with sync sound?

The problem I had with QT7 was that it seemed to be off very slightly compared to QT6, by around 1 or 2 frames, which is enough to make animating subtleties to sound a headache, if not impossible. So, Im concerned that this might be a similar thing with fcheck, especially if im blasting animations that are longer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

Animonster
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
I usually use windows media player and I have found it is more accurate...just for playblasts. If you are using a mac for 3d stuff and only have quicktime...I'd say get a new computer.

zenigeva
02-16-2006, 11:10 PM
if youre using windows media player, how are you supposed to scrub / step frames?

i sort of found a good workaround...
right now i got media player classic going (open source scrubbable video player that looks like the old school windows media player), with a script called ev_QTplayblast that allows me to define a player for maya only, as opposed to using the windows default avi player. works pretty well. so, i can now use that for maya, and get QT7 going for itunes and stuff like that where accuracy isnt so much of an issue.
the ideal situation for me would be if i could figure out how to have both QT6.5 AND QT7 installed on the same machine, and have 6.5 open for playblasts, and 7 for other stuff. dont know if thats possible though.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 11:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.