PDA

View Full Version : light particles/beam?

Tepelstreeltje
02-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a 3D beginner (let's start with that) :)
I have a 3D project i have to finish, it's about how a camcorder works. I would like to show how the light get's trough the diafragma. How can i "show" the light? it has to begin at a point (let's call it A) and "fly" to another point (B). I use 3DS max 7.

Thanks a lot

here's a short movie i recently made for school, don't expect too much of it, i hope you like it.
http://users.pandora.be/Scampi/video/compressed.mov

As you can see, i'm new, so no mambo jambo talk pls, just plain and simple english will do.

T.

unknownfy24
02-14-2006, 09:45 PM
So you are going to put the light in the lens..correct? If so...light link the light so that the light does not hit the faces of the diaphragm and possibly apply a fog shader to the light itself...i use maya not 3ds but they are very similar. Hope that helps..

Tepelstreeltje
02-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Thnx alot for the help!
I've tried what you suggested but the fog thing was not exactly what i needed. Instead I found "Lens effects", Lens effects can be linked on a light source (like a spot or omni).
So now i have some omnilights with such an effect.
Now i've rendered a sequence of 500 jpg's, the first 197 frames are perfect, but the rest misses the lens effect. I didn't create an animation for the effects, so normally the effect should be at the whole 500 frames.

Thnx

T.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 01:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.