PDA

View Full Version : Major Problems!...

mjkennedy
02-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi. Im trying to use Z Brush, in conjunction with XSI for my reel. But ive run into some problems!

Firstly, I did the "check UV" command in Z Brush to check for overlapping UVs, and the WHOLE MODEL shows up red! I dont understand? there's no overlaps in my layout, let alone the whole model.

Secondly, I managed to export a displacement map. But when i take it into photoshop, its completely uneditable. I cant add layers, select anything, make any color corrections... I cant even resave it as a JPG. It only gives me the options of PSD, TIFF and BMP? What's up?

And Finally, I cant figure out how to get a displacement map plugged into XSI! I tried using this tutorial: http://pixologic.com/zbrush/class/zpipeline.html But its for 5.0, and im using XSI 4.2 here in school. Does anyone know of a tutorial that gives a solid workflow from XSI to Z Brush and back?

These things are really hanging me up on my reel. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Matt

eblondin
02-14-2006, 06:25 PM
I wouldn’t worry a lot about the check for overlapping uv thing. If your uvs look fine in xsi its not a big deal. Try to keep them away from the border of the map. Like .01 to .99 instead of 0 to 1.

The un-editable image in photoshop its because you need to change your image, under Image - Mode - its probably stuck at grayscale or something like that, just switch it to something else and you can save it and edit it.

I am not an xsi user so I can’t help you with the displacement map thing, sorry.

mjkennedy
02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
I wouldn’t worry a lot about the check for overlapping uv thing. If your uvs look fine in xsi its not a big deal. Try to keep them away from the border of the map. Like .01 to .99 instead of 0 to 1.

The un-editable image in photoshop its because you need to change your image, under Image - Mode - its probably stuck at grayscale or something like that, just switch it to something else and you can save it and edit it.

I am not an xsi user so I can’t help you with the displacement map thing, sorry.

Thanks. You were right. I needed to change the image from 16 bit to 8 bit, then i could edit it.

I still REALLY need a work flow though. I dont know how to get a displacement map plugged into XSI 4.2. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Matt

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.