PDA

View Full Version : Studio Lighting Rigs and Pack Shot Setups

theederv
02-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Hello all!

As I am a new member i feel it is only fair to introduce myself a little to you before i make a request for help so..................

My name is Ben and I live in Bournemouth, United Kingdom. I have recently graduated with BA in Interactive Media (B'mouth Arts Institute) I have been using Cinema for about 6 months on and off now and have only recently starting to really get stuck into it, my main skill area is PS although i did have a featured 3d piece on DeviantART which you can find here http://www.deviantart.com/view/22503017/ but you guys are likely to think its crap judging by the endless talent ive seen here in the last few days.

Anyway that over with lets get down to business :)

I am fascinated by studio photography, product shots etc. I was wondering if there any possibility you guys would be prepared to share some tips with me about how you light studio style renders...............ESPECIALLY ones with glass (ie Vodka Bottles, wine glasses etc) I was also looking for tips on how to get that perfect studio glass material, i have attempted many of my own endeavours and followed tutorials but i cant be sure its not my lighting letting it down or my materials.

Anyway i've babbled enough, just wanna let you know i fully intend on becoming a member of this community and im not gonna get what i need an leave again like you tend to find on forums so anyhelp that you guys could give me would be uber gratefully recieved :D

Thanks again

Ben

theederv
02-14-2006, 08:31 PM
I am an idiot i know, ive just realised there was a similar question down boards although mine is different in respect to wanting to know about glass. I cant believe i missed that, i looked all through the forum to make sure i didnt do a dumb thing lol

Sorry guys :S

Help would still be appreciated tho please!

tonare
02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
I remeber that image on DA, I think I gave it a fav, but not sure.:)

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.