PDA

View Full Version : Edge padding (or expand borders)

TerianSilva
02-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a tool wich is able to perform edge padding on a game texture. I have a finished texture (1024) but there are some seams because, well, the edges of the texture are exactly where the UV coordinates edges are. The texture has a black background (no alpha). I wonder if it is possible to get Adobe Photoshop to apply a sort of edge padding.
If you know a plugin or a tool with the mentioned function, please tell me :)

Cheers,
marcus

RFX_Shrike
02-15-2006, 10:41 PM
It might help to know what program you're using. In Maya 6.5, there are definitely problems when UVs extend all the way to the edge of the 0 to 1 UV space. Generally, though, if your texture is truly seamless, you shouldn't be having too many problems.

I use Bodypaint 3D, which makes eliminating seams extremely quick and easy. Let us know what software and version you're using. Thanks.

leigh
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
If you just need an additional pixel or two, use this in Photoshop:

Filter> Other> Minimum

This is only really effective for small expansions, or else it can kinda wreck the textures integrity.

BodyPaint is a border bleeding option that I always use these days too.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.