PDA

View Full Version : Muscles With Hercules For Max

metamesh
02-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi,
I downloaded yesterday the hercules demo from the Di-o-matic site, and i started playing with it, at first i just tried with a cilinder and a muscle and it worked pretty fine, but after that i tried with a more dense mesh ( 20k-30k polys ) and just 1 muscle and it was so slow to work that made it impossible to use it, has anyone tried the full version to see if that works better? does someone have the same problem?

thanks a lot guys!

eek
02-15-2006, 02:50 AM
how old is that plugin??

eek

metamesh
02-15-2006, 09:06 AM
hey Eek!

Dunno how old is the plugin, but in their webpage ( di-o-matic ) they still have it and they say that it works with max8 so i guess is up to date...i wouldn't know tho... it really pisses me off cos the plugin looks great and there are a few things that i'd like to try with it, but going so slow ( i just added 1 muscle to a model and it was damm slow ) makes it quite useless

eek
02-15-2006, 09:15 AM
does it actually drive skin too? or is it just a muscle thing? i heard it would get a tad slow with hiresish models. I just didnt know they were still developing it.

eek

metamesh
02-15-2006, 09:28 AM
yes it drives skin too, u add it on top of the skin modifier and the muscles that u have created will deform the mesh etc, actually the result is very nice and is not like using skinwrap or things like that, the muscles slide under the skin in here...the demo is damm slow but in the web page they say that users can download the 1.1 patch which is 10 times faster...but i don't want to spend 600 dollars just to see if that is true! :)

eek
02-15-2006, 09:32 AM
interesting so some sort of normal displacement - can you use any object as a muscle or only special 'herculese muscles'?

eek

metamesh
02-15-2006, 09:46 AM
any object as long as it's closed

Harvey
02-15-2006, 09:23 PM
From my experience it was pretty good, though as most muscles systems go its not designed to be real-time or anything....its really something you have on during rendering. But I haven't played with it for ages. As far as available muscle plugins for max go I liked it a lot better than ACT...though CGskin looks very insteresting.

metamesh
02-17-2006, 09:07 AM
i know that normally they are not for real time, but i was expecting that once u have a full body rigged with plenty of muscles, u see, my problem was that i just added 1 muscle for the biceps, and u have to test it to see of it deforms the mesh etc, so i rotated the bone of the arm and that was too damm slow...just 1 muscle :(

eek
02-17-2006, 02:38 PM
hmm.. how hires is the mesh?

eek

metamesh
02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
not so sure about the density of the mesh, i will look at later on, maybe 30k or 50k...?

eek
02-17-2006, 03:23 PM
hmmm.. shouldnt be any prob with that, dont know why its so slow. You have anything like meshsmooth or other modifiers working?

eek

metamesh
02-17-2006, 03:28 PM
no, just the mesh, skin, hercules select ( to make vertex selection groups to assign to muscles ) and finally hercules deform...this is why i was so amazed to see how slow it got...maybe i should try converting the mesh into editable mesh instead of editable poly, but i guess that will improve just a bit..

eek
02-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Meshops seem definately faster that polyops, so im guessing maybe a mesh is faster to deform?

eek

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.