PDA

View Full Version : What should i do in maya for this difficult composting project?

feishaUK
02-14-2006, 03:32 AM
first plz forgive my bad english.

i want to composite a object(anything ,a simple ball) in to a real life fooatge, make the object created by maya fly in to the building, the camera is locked and no camera movement, i only want to animate the 3d object : the 3d object get into the building through the door, that's it.

i dont have any idea what should i do first apart from create a ball in maya and then import the footage line up the camera,

what should i do next? i want to make the 3d object looks like really fly into the building , if i simply scale the shape in maya and animated it, still looks fake,it looks like ball is outside the building .

can anyone give me an idea or clue?

thanks so much!
http://static.flickr.com/31/99745798_825a745a39_o.jpg

feishaUK
02-14-2006, 03:39 AM
sorry , really headache and streessful guess i post in the wrong board, can you plz remove it i've already post a new one in maya board,

by the way, if i can solve this problem in AE, would like to hear any answer from you guys ,thanks so much

tb582
02-14-2006, 04:02 AM
first plz forgive my bad english.

i want to composite a object(anything ,a simple ball) in to a real life fooatge, make the object created by maya fly in to the door,

i dont have any idea what should i do first apart from create a ball in maya and then import the footage line up the camera,

I'm not really sure I understand what you are exactly trying to achieve is the image you posted taken from a video? Can you upload the clip, and explain what you want to have happen again?

evanfotis
02-14-2006, 12:07 PM
this would probably involve comping in Maya using camera match to get the perspectives and the add the anim of the ball crashing on the glass door

feishaUK
02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
this would probably involve comping in Maya using camera match to get the perspectives and the add the anim of the ball crashing on the glass door

sorry about my english ,i actally mean flying into the building through the door not flying into the glass door.

anopheles
02-14-2006, 06:20 PM
A pretty simple task,

line up a maya axis with the vanishing point of the camera footage.
animate the sphere in the proper axis
go into a comp programme and change opacity an so on as the object goes into the building
propbably masking is a good idea too because there objects in the scene where the sphere
goes behind them ...

evanfotis
02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
well, I see you edited and changed the original image on yopur first post so...this will contribute to some confuson.

Its better to add your edits in next posts to make things clearer.
Anyway, is the footage a movie or a still. Anyhow camera matching in 3d would be more suitable for a movie. If it is just a simple task though just render that sphere alone and plaay in AE with transforms and scaling, masking etc.

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.