PDA

View Full Version : zbrush uvs going to xsi

studiomaxer3d
02-14-2006, 12:57 AM
I having a serious problem. Because Im a noob I didnt set up my UVs early in the game. I let zbrush create them (the ones where its all tiled, dont know what its called) Now I can get xsi to read it correctly and display the texture when I export an OBJ from zbrush to XSI.

Do you get my question?

one more thing. I'm trying to render my image in Zbrush and I can't for the life of me get the antialiasing to work. My edges won't get smooth...

Thanks in advance.

eblondin
02-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Now I can get xsi to read it correctly and display the texture when I export an OBJ from zbrush to XSI.

I am guessing you mean you Can't get XSI to view your texture correctly,

Are you flipping it vertically, for max and maya you have to flip it vertically before it can be viewed correctly in another app. you can do this in zbrush or Photoshop or even in max or maya and I would assume xsi, I would recommend zbrush.

try hitting the aa half button under the zoom palate to get crisp edges for renders.

studiomaxer3d
02-14-2006, 11:18 AM
yes im flipping it vertically. can xsi handle the uv set that zbrush makes? do you know the one I'm talking about?

studiomaxer3d
02-14-2006, 01:17 PM
also is there any way I can take my ZBRUSH created mesh and texture - then take my low res zbrush mesh into XSI, Unwrap the UVs(in xsi), then take it back to Zbrush and clone my texture from the original mesh. Basically so I wont have to create my texture all over again.

My current zbrush texture looks like this.
http://www.justinneri.com/tmp/ztexture.jpg

studiomaxer3d
02-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Guess what!? I guess I wasn't flipping my texture.. I thought I was.. but I wasn't.:rolleyes:

Thanks eblondin.

eblondin
02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
also is there any way I can take my ZBRUSH created mesh and texture - then take my low res zbrush mesh into XSI, Unwrap the UVs(in xsi), then take it back to Zbrush and clone my texture from the original mesh. Basically so I wont have to create my texture all over again.
Yeah you should be able to, I have done it for max and maya.

Basically you just export out your model from zbrush at sub d level one to xsi.

Unwrap it and import it back in at sub d level one and it will import your new uvs into your old zbrush mesh.

You may have to mess around with some import/export settings to get this to work.

-glad the flip image thing worked

Lyr
02-14-2006, 05:58 PM

Shouldn't GATOR be able to handle this? I have done this exact thing with Maya's surface sampler.

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 05:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.