PDA

View Full Version : Tracking question

Arioch
12-10-2002, 10:04 PM
We currently use Commotion by pinnacle for tracking but I'd like to switch over to Combustion if it can offer more tracking options. I fired up the demo of combustion to check out the tracking options but couldn't find what I'm looking for. What I'd like is a way to track a feature on one layer of footage, apply the motion of the tracker to another layer, but vary the influence of the tracker over time.

Is there any way to do this in combustion? I thought of trying to track a moving object first, then a still point and applying both to a new layer to get 50% of the motion but can't figure out how that would be done. I've only gone throught the basic tutorials so far but didn't see anything that might help in either situation.

tamird
12-26-2002, 12:44 AM
hey there..

don't know if you tried this yet, but once you've got your track on the original layer, duplicate that layer and under the duplicate's footage controls click on "Replace Footage." Select the footage you wanted to add onto the original track and you should be able to tweak the track by setting keys...

hope this helps

Arioch
12-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Hey thanks, I'll give this a shot when I get back from the holiday vacation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.