PDA

View Full Version : Textured Eyes Rig

yourgirlsnext
02-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I have a cartoony robot character with textured eyes, rather than actual geometry. I rigged his eyes so that the texture offset is controlled by moving a locator I placed in front of the head, This way his eyes follow. The problem is the offset texture doesn't update in the maya window until you stop the playback. You have to render it to see the tween movement. This obviously isn't good for the animation workflow, any ideas how to get it to update in the window or alternate ways of controlling the eyes. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

dunkelzahn
02-15-2006, 07:44 PM
How about this:

You could put two little balls or locators in front of your (texture) pupils and set your helpers "primary visibility" to off. Now you can constrain your helper objects to the locator that controls your eyes. Of course you will need to set up the helpers pivots, but in terms of rendering, everything should be okay...

I guess that is at least food for thought, if not even a solution ;)

yourgirlsnext
02-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey, great idea, it should do the job. Thanks for the help!

dunkelzahn
02-17-2006, 08:53 AM
All in a day´s work! :D

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 08:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.