PDA

View Full Version : cache shadow map

charlemagne
02-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Anybody use this feature? I tried it, and it still keeps calculating shadow maps. It would help me alot if it didn't. Need to render 3750 frames flythrough, and that would make some serious difference.

thx for any help,

Ch.

Jorge Arango
02-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Anybody use this feature? I tried it, and it still keeps calculating shadow maps. It would help me alot if it didn't. Need to render 3750 frames flythrough, and that would make some serious difference.

thx for any help,

Ch.

If any geometry object that is lit with a soft light moves during the animation, the maps obviously have to be recalculated; also if a soft light moves. If only the camera moves, the maps are calculated only once.

Jorge Arango

charlemagne
02-16-2006, 08:02 AM
I only have tcastudio's steadycam going through the scene. maybe I should add comp tag on it, with cast shadows off?

I'll give it a try. I would really love to have this thing working.

thx for the reply,

ch

charlemagne
02-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Oh yessss. that's the one! steadycam with a compositing tag on it, and now rendering without calculating shadow maps! great, thanks alot! :p

Ch.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 08:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.