PDA

View Full Version : demo reel

Ecleposs
02-13-2006, 06:29 PM
hi all:)
this is my last demoreel..hope u like it..c&c are welcome

-software :3dsmax,maya,vue,poser,,matchmover,premire,compustion & photoshop

-all the work done by a single (3GH AMD with 1G ram) along with the cameras and chroma set are owned by the agency i work for

- i did all the work from scratch alone no body else help me of any part of the prosses even the camera shooting(all but the shooting of the first shot-my vfx mattwar entry)

- i draw the figure on the title

-the car models (all but the f1 cars) ,the f16 & statues are "models from the wep" but i textured them

the link(click here) (http://www.cg4me.com/files/cg_films/ecleposs_reel)

mirror(right click and save) (http://student.vfs.com/~3d54sherif/files/ecleposs_demoreel.mov)

and here is a snapshot of every shot in my reel
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pk3XKqoinyMsM_U86gssttAN2MJXlcTT98iRMWBfi22kFnUtm1F2buZYcymdAagZvMnfs_6wqGkJT5zP2bjSRMG1paQ0NdVqi-GQ-S9C9kTsyzV0MOZodII2bD08rGV1UlwYaxayzZwA
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pk3XKqoinyMsM_U86gssttONTMuu9R_XkrVhTdXyUCH5AitIYtGUaX8nCN1dLTv3Zd-wrvgZRs77ghVN5gYrCc9DOyhkl4FRIRyVMZtagaTyA6IqUtqjyQKZkAIBcfhMXcQRdEev5JNg
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pk3XKqoinyMsM_U86gssttAkz-4JRJgzNhUxdB6kEsI3krVTvA2PeLfpsmpBW5fm4utPGm5MdIpcYMvNi2uz9vOxrO5ydwMbEKuArk9WQeel5_YjdNWs_i0kZoN52ATP97L4U0XwLFgU

thanks to sherif nagib and the moderators of cg4me fot hosting the files:wavey:

OneSharpMarble
02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't know much about anything other then animation so I can't really say anything about most of your reel other then it looked good. I can comment on the animation though and you have some big problems with the little amount you do have. You have walk cycles with big popping moves and then you have the large armies all moving in sync and they do the same pop which just magnifies the motion.

@lias
02-13-2006, 08:01 PM
agreed about the animation BUT

i dont see its fair to judge the whole project over some shots.am so inspired by your passion.u did all of this work by your self !!!.its really an inspiration for all of us to see such commitment. you made a great light and texture jop i love the old cady its amazing .over all it's very good jop

Silverwing
02-13-2006, 09:54 PM
I liked it!
There are some really
great things in there!

Awesome stuff!

Keep it up:buttrock:

Canadianboy
02-13-2006, 11:54 PM
great real i really like the alley one and the city.. can we see a top view rendr of the city it must be huge! It would be cool to see.

hatem
02-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Great Islam, impresive demoreel from a real artist, great lighting, compositing, camera movements, u r really talented.
5 stars from me
Hatem

EssaMania
02-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Great Work Ecliposs...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep it up

robinhood
02-16-2006, 09:27 PM
very good i like it so much

danielkenobi
02-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Nice post effects Good luck

Ecleposs
02-17-2006, 04:17 PM
thank u all guys..:)
shokran ya 7atem basha:)
shokran 3esam:)

Canadianboy ill try to post waht you ask 4 as soon as i get home:)
thanks again every body

jcword
02-17-2006, 06:12 PM
one of the best reels I've seen on cgtalk. How did you like using Vue?

Clark

porkchopexpress
02-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Very cool work man. Seeing work like this makes me want to jump right back into my own work and get better.

DoubleSupercool
02-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Overall, very nice man! I like your camera shots and your eye for colour and lighting.

Some (constructive crits);

Drop the Star Wars stuff. It is just not up to the quality of the other stuff, plus, it's really someone elses stuff. The rest of your reel shows better material.

I liked the flyover of the ground battle in the mountains, but as noted above, the animation loops are distracting, with sun glinting off shields at the same time.

Tighten up the tracking at the begining of your forehead thing, it is sliding a little.

Hopefully that will help take your stuff from pretty darn good to whoa! The main thing is the Star Wars stuff . . . drop it like Brad Pitt dropped Jennifer Aniston.

Ecleposs
02-18-2006, 05:48 PM
thank u guys :scream: :)
Double Supercool thanks uo:) ill conseder ur notice .as 4 the forehead thing its fine but the motion blur what gaves u that feel.trust me and have another look:)
as 4 Brad Pitt ..who knows it works 4 him .may be it'll work 4 me:)

Sherif.Nagib
02-18-2006, 06:06 PM
gr8 work mate :thumbsup:
as for crits, I second what "Double Supercool" said about the flyover.
best of luck ;)

Ecleposs
02-20-2006, 01:00 AM
thanks sheko:) . How did you like using Vue?

Clark its very nice and stable with the huge amount of polygons

maxspider3000
02-20-2006, 06:40 AM
greet work Islam ...

am waiting the top render of the city too ...
and i wanna ask u ... how did u make the scence of the big city ???
i mean ... did u model and texture every single building ... or there is a better way to do that ???

thematt
02-20-2006, 08:09 PM
great work.best of luck

5 star no less

cheers

elnady
02-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi Islam

Fantastic demo i love it all:thumbsup:

Ecleposs
02-22-2006, 12:34 AM
maxspider3000 thanks man.:) actualy i model and textured a 1 block of the city then i rotate it and place it randomly as u can see from the wires .u can almost see the same block over and over again.but the trick here is what the camera see.so i re textured some of the bulding which the camera cross by so ur eye won't catch the repeat..

thematt & Ahmed Hosny thanks alot guys:) and ahmed let us hear from u man:)

and here is a wire shot ..i found it not good enough cause its too far so i made the other one with shades only:) i hope it covers what u hope to c
and as u c its lowpoly..i had to go low as i can for the sake of my pc:)

http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pk3XKqoinyMsM_U86gssttOZHfQhGamnv_ji-Omz_5JqNyM9lnVz9cA9FwjiqVADLrtf7uBH2x2FKsqFDkqqGahA7L6eA5r9ysxHyBC4F9UN-LS_KnTq-jsY_pNhP2rbwtu-3r8EQNv4

http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pk3XKqoinyMsM_U86gssttDRmhrMvwi7iE6OrpDG5iKQR088HGijLLTvbK-evrihgBJeV7lFZ6CYo37QZrpgag9_FsYLxzHDxaHgOL2Lq_QytXTPGJ1CisFiLlwffh-u2TkqDeqTaIKk

RobertoOrtiz
02-22-2006, 04:19 AM
Hopefully that will help take your stuff from pretty darn good to whoa! The main thing is the Star Wars stuff . . . drop it like Brad Pitt dropped Jennifer Aniston.
I agree.
Very good reel.

-R

samer-salameh
02-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi Islam....simply awesome ..... Really impressive stuff man ....
i would enjoy seeing more work from you ... ***** 5 stars

DigMe5
03-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Loved the composites and lighting projects you had. The animation was, in my opinion, a little distracting in most of the shots.

Like others have noted...the jumps with the cycle of the warriors and robots.

The 'star wars' theme is a major turn off for me, and the fighter jet animation seems a little rigid in it movements.

The tracking on your forehead looks really solid, did not notice any sliding.

The lens flare with the statue is extremely strong and distracting. I love the lighting and composition of the shot though. (One of my favorites)

The matte painting at the beginning is also very strong. Great work.

Ecleposs
03-11-2006, 02:42 PM
RobertoOrtiz thanks man am so glad u like it specialy you never told my what you think about the 1st shot b4 (the mattwar entry)lol

samer salameh thanks brother;) am so happy you like it

DigMe5 thanks man
The tracking on your forehead looks really solid, did not notice any sliding
thank you for pointing that out

i think ill cut off the starwars scene if am going to show this reel in a jop interview:cool:

ritchieste
03-11-2006, 04:12 PM
That is incredible!

Ecleposs
03-19-2006, 02:31 PM
thanks ritchieste :)

lazzhar
03-31-2006, 08:17 PM
A bit late but couldnt stop saying that it's really good stuff dude !!
Keep it up as usual :)

Ecleposs
05-22-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks lazzhar.u r the man:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2006, 03:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.