PDA

View Full Version : !PLEH Strange render errors... [MAX][MentalRay]

KeesCopyright
02-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Mental ray seems to just drop some of the corners of the bucket when rendering and i cant figure out what to do about it, look at this render it doesnt mater if you can see what it is or not its just about the error.

in error you can see a part of the pic im having trouble with to demonstrate how it comes out of max.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=90138&stc=1

then in error02 i highlighted the areas im tlaking about, the red is where the renderable spline is interupted for no apparent reason, and purple should have another holw where the spline ought to be comin through.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=90139&stc=1

please help im kinda freakin out on mental ray because if you build a scene she seems to hate you....

im running max, and mental ray. The scene is lit with one mr area omny a normal omny and a skylight (you need that for the global illumination right...) The lights arent balanced at all yet because i cant really get out of this problem... it seems to occur no matter what.

Also a plane with a noise modifier on it, to make my own kind of tree keeps flickering light and dark even when rendered to pure targa sequence nothing helps. Im not the greatest at these programs so any ground rulers or findings are welcome...

THANQ for reading all the way through, feel free to help me on my way.

[edit] I thought the attachments would show on the bottom of the page so sorry for the double post, but i didnt see them in preview and wondered if they would appear if remained unlinked.

KeesCopyright
02-15-2006, 09:25 AM
no one?
come on please answere man...

psv
02-16-2006, 08:14 PM
hi, maybe you should decrease spatial contrast ...and put some mare samples in antialising??

something like min 4...max16??

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 08:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.