PDA

View Full Version : Projection Master Problem

studiomaxer3d
02-13-2006, 01:41 PM
This may be in the manuals, so I apologize for asking(I didn't finish them yet)

When I go into projection Master if my model is not at a perfect orthographic side view, when I pick up the texture it doesn't go to the symetrical side of the mesh. It just paints it as if the texture was shining through the model at whatever angle the camera was at.

Can someone help me out here. I tried Shift + 'p' to reset my pivot, that actually solved my modeling symmetry problem.

Thanks for your help.

eblondin
02-13-2006, 06:02 PM
It is a little hard to try to answer your question from your details.

Projection Master will plop down whatever you draw at whatever angle you draw it.

You might want to make sure you have double sided turned off in PM.

If you could try to explain your problem with more detail I might be able to help more.

keep on brushin !

studiomaxer3d
02-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Sorry,

Yes I want to have the texture paint to the other side of the mesh. It seemed like it worked at the beginning of this project. So if I paint the left shoulder I want it to automatically paint the right shoulder. It works if I have a perfect side view of the shoulder. but if i put the mesh at at angle and paint it will paint the other side on the rear end of the mesh(picture a dragon model)

eblondin
02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Ah okay I see what you mean. Thank you for explaining it better :)

thatís how projection master works. There is no symmetry.

And double sided only works if you were doing it from straight on the left side and you wanted it to go through the mesh to straight on the right side.

If you do it any other way it just goes straight through. Thatís the way it works.

So yeah once again, there is no symmetry inside projection master, sorry.

studiomaxer3d
02-13-2006, 06:44 PM
ok, thanks a lot. Thats no problem. I can deal with that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

Here's what I'm working on just in case you wanna see. CLICK ME (http://justinneri.com/tmp/dragonzbrushtex2.jpg)

Thanks for your help.

eblondin
02-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey I like, nice color variation, keep it up!

Andreseloy
02-15-2006, 08:21 AM
In ZAApplink (PSD) you can make the mirror!

Andreseloy

DorisDay
02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Caroline Delen did A tut on how to mirror textures using ZAPPlink...

http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=224361#post224361

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.