PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop error low memory

Serial Killer
12-10-2002, 09:33 PM
I can't open PS it gives the error that I run out of memory but that can't be posible cuz I can open 3d Max Free Hand Flash a FTP server and navegate at the same time but photoshop doesn't want to open I think it could be aproblem of resorces with PS but if I can't open I can't change it..

Also tried to reisntall but nothing what could be grong ?? also download a Demo version from adobe site and nothing

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp please!!!!

Ian Jones
12-12-2002, 07:22 AM
Ok, this sounds pretty serious. Even though Max is opening it is still probably a RAM problem.

Here are some suggestions:

I hope to god you have cold-booted it already? eg. turn off for 5 minutes then on again. You'd never believe this is the most overlooked solution. :bounce:

If you have After FX, open it (if possible) and do edit>purge>all it may just clear the mem, but i doubt it.

You may have to open up your box. Jiggle the RAM a little (with the power off please!) try and make sure it is in properly. Check there is not too much dust on the contacts etc. If you have DDR RAM (like me) you need to have all the bits of RAM in properly, and dummy ram in the empty slots for it to let the other bits of RAM work! its crezzy... so even a minor fault on one can cause catastrophic failure of all them. it sux.

Check for a virus, especially one that could have infected photoshop.

Other than that I don't know...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.